murat
Lieutenant

Next Game Ageod

Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Any news about next ageod game?
I hope in new game on the english civil war (XVIII century), Peloponnesian War, Rome War, Boer War, or WW1 and WW2.
Any news please.....
Murat

Nikel

Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:28 pm

It was said that there will be new scenarios for RoP, War of the Austrian Succession.

AGEod proper just released the monster game PON, so unless an independent team (like for RUS) is doing something in the background...

murat
Lieutenant

Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:30 pm

Any news about the game in developement by indipendet time ?

PhilThib

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:53 pm

Indie team working indeed, but I am waiting news from them...will communicate as soon as we know more... :coeurs:

murat
Lieutenant

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:56 pm

Very very soon, I hope.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NY Rangers
Major

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:33 am

Here's an idea for a new game:

For marketing purposes it should be called "Here I Stand: American Civil War in Europe 1517-1555". :D

More info here: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/17392/here-i-stand

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:59 pm

NY Rangers wrote:Here's an idea for a new game:

For marketing purposes it should be called "Here I Stand: American Civil War in Europe 1517-1555". :D

More info here: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/17392/here-i-stand

I think this is an excellent time frame and a title for a game ! :thumbsup: :mdr:
But in order to happen Ageod doesnt "need to eat 40 bread from a bakery"*
With PON experience, this would be an excellent game to make in a very interesting era.
I have read there is 4 year per turn in the boardgame. That can be regulated in to 2 weeks.

*expression of experience,effort and knowledge in an old saying. :coeurs:

rwenstrup
Sergeant

AGEOD War of the Roses

Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:02 am

How about a War of the Roses game using the AGEOD engine? Would be an excellent fit IMHO....

PhilThib

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:09 am

How would you handle the fact that there is no "Fire" in this era (if you except longbows and bombards)...where shock is all and pursuit even more...?

Any ideas on how to tweak the engine then :D ;)

Caccio
Sergeant

Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:55 am

I think existing battle engine could be adapted with a small change. You now have fire combat in rounds; when range closes to zero it becomes an assault, with cohesion, discipline and rout checks being dominant. Incorporate charging cavalry with another phase between fire combat and assault: again round-by-round as range closes, with no strength casualties, but cohesion losses on the cavalry side and rout checks on the infantry side until the range is at zero, followed by the assault phase involving all unbroken units.

PhilThib

Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:35 am

Well, a new phase (cav charges) would mean re-coding the battle engine, so more work than anticipated...not sure it's not going to create issues :confused:

bobbob
Corporal

Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:28 pm

For the next ageod game i would like to see is Vietnam. Time to add modern war to store shelf.

Hohenlohe

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Baris wrote:I think this is an excellent time frame and a title for a game ! :thumbsup: :mdr:
But in order to happen Ageod doesnt "need to eat 40 bread from a bakery"*
With PON experience, this would be an excellent game to make in a very interesting era.
I have read there is 4 year per turn in the boardgame. That can be regulated in to 2 weeks.

*expression of experience,effort and knowledge in an old saying. :coeurs:

I would support this idea about a game in those time, but do not forget the peasants war in Germany in this time, it was something decisive for the upcoming years it prevents free peasants in the holy roman Empire to gain their own rights and an own representation in the Reichstag the german parliament those years it was now only a representation for princes, knights,abbots , bishops and cities but not for the free peasants which lost most of their rights.

I would even like to see a game which plays in the War of the Roses or the English Civil War with Cromwell or the Hundred Years War which would be possible or my special favorite the Steampunk game "Space 1889" which would be based on Jules Verne's novels. :thumbsup: :coeurs:

So many ideas but what are the Philippes thinking...*smile* :bonk: :D

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs: :wacko:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Hobbes

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:43 pm

With the game system and many maps already in place it would be easy to mod a sci-fi type game. The good thing about sci-fi is that is gives free reign to a modder or a modders group imaginations. Also allows for a game that can be very well balanced and exciting as you don't have to stick to a historical situation (it would also make for nice change I think).

I would be up for it. Need 10 - 15 graphics and a back story.

Could do this and charge a few £ for a download (all money going to AGEOD).

Cheers, Chris

Hohenlohe

Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:16 pm

Hobbes wrote:With the game system and many maps already in place it would be easy to mod a sci-fi type game. The good thing about sci-fi is that is gives free reign to a modder or a modders group imaginations. Also allows for a game that can be very well balanced and exciting as you don't have to stick to a historical situation (it would also make for nice change I think).

I would be up for it. Need 10 - 15 graphics and a back story.

Could do this and charge a few £ for a download (all money going to AGEOD).

Cheers, Chris

I would pay for a steampunk game around €30.- until 40.- and would do playing it as I like the game idea Iknow the old games from microprose they are like The Martian Savages or something like that I should take a look to the old abandonia website to see if it is still available or to GOG.com if they have it.

If I can use my PC again after a cleanup I would try to get some old games again from my gog.account...

heartly greetings to you Hobbes

Hohenlohe aka MikeFrank{PDOX}
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

berto
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Steampunk? Sci-fi? Sorry gents, but if AGEOD starts to go down those routes I'll lose interest in the company fast.

The decadence, the decadence ... :non:

(Written only half in jest.)
What this town needs is a good Renaissance band!
Early MusiChicago - Early Music in Chicago and Beyond - http://earlymusichicago.org
PIKT - Global-View, Site-at-a-Time System and Network Administration - http://pikt.org
AGElint - an AGE debugging toolkit - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978333
Your Mileage May Vary -- Always!

Hobbes

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:40 pm

berto wrote:Steampunk? Sci-fi? Sorry gents, but if AGEOD starts to go down those routes I'll lose interest in the company fast.

The decadence, the decadence ... :non:

(Written only half in jest.)

That's the thing about modding something like this. AGEOD could continue to do the historical games and others could make a sci-fi type game.
+ I would think maybe £5 for a download.

berto
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:25 pm

I guess my concerns are that the devs might embrace these modding efforts wholeheartedly at worst, or be somewhat distracted at best. Unless they made it their policy to extend no support to such off-topic (non-historical wargaming) mods whatsoever.
What this town needs is a good Renaissance band!

Early MusiChicago - Early Music in Chicago and Beyond - http://earlymusichicago.org

PIKT - Global-View, Site-at-a-Time System and Network Administration - http://pikt.org

AGElint - an AGE debugging toolkit - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978333

Your Mileage May Vary -- Always!

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Hohenlohe wrote:I would support this idea about a game in those time, but do not forget the peasants war in Germany in this time, it was something decisive for the upcoming years it prevents free peasants in the holy roman Empire to gain their own rights and an own representation in the Reichstag the german parliament those years it was now only a representation for princes, knights,abbots , bishops and cities but not for the free peasants which lost most of their rights.

I would even like to see a game which plays in the War of the Roses or the English Civil War with Cromwell or the Hundred Years War which would be possible or my special favorite the Steampunk game "Space 1889" which would be based on Jules Verne's novels. :thumbsup: :coeurs:

So many ideas but what are the Philippes thinking...*smile* :bonk: :D

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs: :wacko:

Very interesting details Hohenlohe. But you tell about the rights of free peasants while ruler candidates in OE were in 'prison' near boxwood tree with high walls in order to prevent brother execution. :w00t:
Well I prefer battle axe,pike and cavalry charge code in future games :thumbsup: . Pocus may experiment with it in his free time while Philippe 'stamp' his database to the code. :cool:

Return to “General discussions”