Sol Invictus

Napoleonic?

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:32 pm

There are several games in the works or proposed; AACW, Vainflory of Nations, Rise of Rome; but I find it odd that a French developer hasn't jumped on the chance to use their excellent game engine to plan a Napoleonic game. Surely you have thought about it. I think the engine, with many diplomatic additions of course, would make for an excellent game. Has this idea been considered or is AGEOD really a bunch of closet Monarchists? ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

WallysWorld
Captain

Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:23 pm

Yes, Ageod with this game design and engine has really hit something big here. So many time periods can be played using this design.

Speaking of BoA's map design, at first I was actually neutral about my opinion about it because I had never played a game with a map looking like that. But now, I think it's fantastic and actually have problems playing other strategy games with less visually appealing maps. It really looks like you're looking at an old fashioned map. I have a book about the French and Indian War and it includes many maps from that era and the similarity of BoA's map and the book's maps is striking. :coeurs:

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:07 pm

WallysWorld wrote:It really looks like you're looking at an old fashioned map. I have a book about the French and Indian War and it includes many maps from that era and the similarity of BoA's map and the book's maps are striking. :coeurs:

This will certainly please Sandra and Robin as this is precisely the effect they wanted to achieve. :cwboy:
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

PhilThib

Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:19 pm

Because we do not give away ALL our projects does not mean we are not working on something...he he :sourcil:

Sol Invictus

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:18 am

Well that sounds cryptic and very incouraging! :gardavou:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PhilThib

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:15 am

I live in Grenoble, the birthplace of Champollion, the man who "translated" the Egyptian hieroglyphs...and part of Bonaparte's 1798 Egyptian expedition... :cwboy:
If this is not a coïncidence...what else can it be... :siffle: :sourcil: :sourcil:

Sol Invictus

Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:21 pm

A shiver just ran down my spine. :eek:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PhilThib

Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:36 pm

Well...good to keep you cool :niark:

Return to “General discussions”