Redeemer
Major

Wed May 20, 2009 9:34 pm

I understand Dixicrat, but I don't think you will get off that easy :thumbsup:

I would also like to nominate Caccio for a service medal or whatever is appropriate for his work on the Battle Reporter... which is cool as s**t and will help players understand why they just got the snot kicked out of them in a battle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dixicrat
General

Wed May 20, 2009 10:51 pm

Redeemer wrote:I understand Dixicrat, but I don't think you will get off that easy :thumbsup:

I'll leave it to the Queen to decide. ;) Unfortunately, she's quite sick right now, so it will probably be a few days before we see her actively participating on the forums, again.

Redeemer wrote:I would also like to nominate Caccio for a service medal or whatever is appropriate for his work on the Battle Reporter... which is cool as s**t and will help players understand why they just got the snot kicked out of them in a battle.

For those of you who aren't sure of what Redeemer is talking about, Caccio has created a software utility which can be used to isolate a given unit's performance during a battle, by extracting relevant info from a battle log into a text file.

I'll include a link to his thread at the end of this post.

I think that the "Service Commendation" fits the bill:

Aphrodite Mae wrote:The "Service Commendation" medal is awarded to those persons who have made a notable contribution to our knowledge of the game with a brilliant AAR, or made a brilliantly insightful post which has changed the way we view the game.

Here is the medal. :)

I'll second the nomination! I think that Caccio's work makes a brilliant contribution to our game. However, since we don't have the power of the Queen's "+3" nomination here, I think that we're going to need a third "+1".

Here's the link to Caccio's thread, so you can check out the utility for yourself.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=145950#post145950
[SIZE="3"]Regards,[/size]
Dixicrat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Basic Training for AACW newcomers

mikee64
Brigadier General

Wed May 20, 2009 11:12 pm

+1 for the Battle Reporter.
Mike

Dixicrat
General

Tournament participation oak leaves

Wed May 27, 2009 10:52 pm

Our gracious queen is out of state, visiting with her parents. However, she has asked me to post four medals:

the Enlisted Service Medal with Bronze Oak Leaf

the Veteran Enlisted Service Medal with Bronze Oak Leaf

the NCO Service Medal with Bronze Oak Leaf

and the Veteran NCO Service Medal with Bronze Oak Leaf

You're eligible to wear one of these medals, if you're participating in either the first or second tournament. Sorry, signing up for the tournament and then withdrawing doesn't count. You must participate in the tournament until you're eliminated. If you know that you're in for the duration, you can go ahead and pin it on. :)

Attachments
Veteran NCO Service Medal w Bronze.PNG
Veteran NCO Service Medal w Bronze.PNG (1.67 KiB) Viewed 6278 times
NCO Service Medal w Bronze.PNG
NCO Service Medal w Bronze.PNG (1.6 KiB) Viewed 6277 times
Veteran Enlisted Service Medal w Bronze.PNG
Veteran Enlisted Service Medal w Bronze.PNG (1.68 KiB) Viewed 6282 times
Enlisted Service Medal w Bronze.PNG
Enlisted Service Medal w Bronze.PNG (1.56 KiB) Viewed 6281 times

Dixicrat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Caccio
Sergeant

Wed May 27, 2009 11:51 pm

mikee64 wrote:+1 for the Battle Reporter.

Ah shucks, y'all make me blush. :fleurs:

DarthMath
Colonel

Thu May 28, 2009 12:04 am

Dixicrat wrote:Our gracious queen is out of state, visiting with her parents. However, she has asked me to post four medals:

Many thanks to you, First Messenger of the Queen !! ;)
I was asking her about that 10 days ago by PM, but have had no answers. I'm glad to see these medals published.
Like the others, I'll wear this new one very proudly !! :)
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dixicrat
General

Answers to questions

Thu May 28, 2009 1:42 am

Jim-NC wrote:[...]Your Majesty,
If we host games during the new tournament, do we get recruiter or service medals (or both)? And do the games count towards our combat command awards, or go to the oak leaves?

Please excuse my presumptuousness in answering for the Queen, but she's out of state at the moment, and will be for many days.

The Service medal was awarded to the hosts in the first tournament for two reasons: first, those hosts volunteered to do the job, without any medal or reward of any sort. Secondly, the "Drill" series of medals hadn't yet been created, and so it was the "closest fit" as a reward.

Hosting games during this tournament entitles you to the Recruiter medal.

Upon successfully hosting both games of the preliminary round in this tournament, you're authorized to wear a silver Oak Leaf on your recruiter medal. I've heard rumors that because of the difficult nature of hosting two simultaneous games being played at a grueling schedule, the leaves may be frosted. We'll see.

Only games that you actually play yourself count toward the tally for the Combat Command medals.

Here's the Drill Recruiter with Silver Oak Leaf award.

Aphrodite Mae has devised a method for being able to award a large number of Oak Leaves for any medal, gentlemen. Bronze-silver-gold is just the start. It will be interesting to see what sort of "heroes" emerge from this tournament, as hosts. :)

One thing is certain: I intend to petition her to increase the dignity of hosting medals. It's a tough job, as I'm finding out fast. ;)
Attachments
Drill Recruiter with Silver.PNG
Drill Recruiter with Silver.PNG (1.69 KiB) Viewed 6613 times

Dixicrat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jim-NC

Thu May 28, 2009 2:41 am

Dixicrat,
I can not agree more. Hosting 2 games at a time for this tournament is a real hassle. Getting everyone on board and going can be very trying at times.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jim-NC

Thu May 28, 2009 3:12 am

Doomwalker wrote:No worries Jim. If you need some assistance with this, let me know what you have received and I will hook it up for you. :thumbsup:

(rolls out sign saying: DW's Rack Service Grand Opening)

Thanks anyway Doom, I think I got it. Well I got something at least. Check out my medals.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aphrodite Mae

The first CAMPAIGN medal!

Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:13 pm

The "Foreign Service Medal" was the last of the regular medals, guys. Notice that I said "last of the regular medals". There is one more category to present, and I even mentioned it at the beginning of the thread: "Campaign Medals".

These medals are won by playing specific scenarios, in PBEM. There's a catch, though: you have to play both sides of the scenario, and you have to have a third party host for both games. I'll explain "why" in the manual, OK? Each time that you complete a match (where you play both sides), you can add an Oak Leaf to your medal!

You don't have to be in a tournament to win campaign medals. Just play the two-game match via PBEM with an impartial host, and the medal is yours, whether you win or not!

The first campaign medal is Shiloh! :)

Here's the symbolism of the medal.

In this and subsequent campaign medals, a lot of the colors used are the colors of the states and departments that you see when the appropriate map filter is clicked. The background color is the color of the department in which the scenario is played. Smaller bands and stripes will be the colors of the states. Stripes that are the "Command Color" represent the number of turns in the scenario.

So, here's the way it is with the Shiloh Campaign medal. The background color is "Southeast", because that's the department where events play out. There are two state colors, because there are objectives in two states: Mississippi, and Tennessee. The strategic objective in TN is worth five times what the one is Mississippi is, so the TN stripe is five times wider than the MS one. There are four "command" stripes, each one representing two turns.

So, you can read the medal this way: in the Southeast department, an eight turn scenario has been played twice (once as the Union, once as the Confederacy). There is a 50 point objective in TN, and a 10 point objective in MS.

Congratulations, to all veterans of AACW Shiloh! :)

This medal has a dignity below all medals discussed so far except the "Paper Tiger". This has nothing to do with "worth or value"; it's just that Campaign Medals are a completely different class of medals, and go on the bottom of the rack. They're the foundation of the battlefield honor medals, and drill medals, and so forth.

I'll respond to the many posts that have been made while I was gone in a separate post, later. :)
Attachments
Shiloh Campaign.png
Shiloh Campaign.png (950 Bytes) Viewed 6582 times

MarkShot

Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:16 pm

Your Gracious Majesty,

I hear that you are once again holding Court after having returned from a diplomatic mission abroad.

I, too, have chosen today to return.

My work abroad is not yet complete. However, the systems inventor seaks to tweak and twiddle many knobs of his new tool of war and command. So, I saw my opportunity to return for a brief visit before systems trials resume again.

Long live Your Gracious Majesty.

<bows and carefully walks backwards from Q-A-M's presence>

Aphrodite Mae

Unfortunate news

Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:05 pm

To my esteemed Knights of the OAK...

I have some unfortunate news. Dixi and I have run into some pretty serious real world problems that we need to deal with, and that will keep us from being able to actively participate on the forums for the foreseeable future. We're hoping that we can get everything worked out over the next month or so.

We're not going to completely disappear, but the circumstances are such that we'll probably be logging on no more than once or twice a week (if that much), and then, only for a few minutes.

But, just because we aren't active members of the forums for awhile doesn't mean that we're not thinking of you! :) Like I've said elsewhere: whoever it was who said "good friends are hard to find" has never logged on here. ;)

Best wishes and highest regards,
Havely

Generalisimo

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:55 pm

Aphrodite Mae wrote:To my esteemed Knights of the OAK...

I have some unfortunate news. Dixi and I have run into some pretty serious real world problems that we need to deal with, and that will keep us from being able to actively participate on the forums for the foreseeable future. We're hoping that we can get everything worked out over the next month or so.

We're not going to completely disappear, but the circumstances are such that we'll probably be logging on no more than once or twice a week (if that much), and then, only for a few minutes.

But, just because we aren't active members of the forums for awhile doesn't mean that we're not thinking of you! :) Like I've said elsewhere: whoever it was who said "good friends are hard to find" has never logged on here. ;)

Havely

Well, we can only wish you and Dixi good luck with that!!
We will be waiting for both of you here... :thumbsup:
:D
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

MarkShot

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:04 pm

As long as you don't abdicate the Throne, you have my assurance that AGEOD will await your return and enoble no other Queen. You are the one true Queen.

The Knights will guard your Palace and Throne until your return.

May your problems resolve and you find your way back to us soon.

dooya

Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:45 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:To my esteemed Knights of the OAK...

Havely

Best wishes to Bill and you, Lady Mae. I hope that everything is fine again for you soon! :love:
No quote - No bullshit!

Caccio
Sergeant

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:41 am

As an old hand who has faced many real world problems (which I survived, and now find myself contented, for what it's worth), I wish you and Dixiecrat (and I send my prayers to heaven for) a happy outcome. In our brief acquaintance, you both have been most gracious.

cmdrsam
Corporal

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:12 am

God speed you two. Hope your problems get resolved.

Aphrodite Mae

Retirement of Enlisted and Officer Duty medals

Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi, friends! :)

Because the reputation system has been eliminated by AGEod, the Enlisted Duty medals and Officer Duty medals are now retired.
Aphrodite Mae

Chaplain Lovejoy
Brigadier General

Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:50 pm

Do such medals awarded to date have to be given back?

Aphrodite Mae

Hi!

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:36 pm

Chaplain Lovejoy wrote:Do such medals awarded to date have to be given back?

Nope! Once you earn a medal, it's yours in perpetuity!
(Isn't that a fun word? Perp-eh-tooo-ity! Yeah! :D )

So: wear your medals with pride, gentlemen! Wearing those retired medals will just make newcomers jealous and everything, 'cause you have a medal that they don't. Just don't act snooty, OK?

Complete change of subject.
For everybody who said sweet things and wished us well, and stuff like that...
Thank you! You're so sweet! We're doing OK, but it looks like it will still be another couple of months before we can come back to the AGEod community on a kinda regular basis. So, don't worry if I don't respond to stuff, OK? We're thinking of you, and wishing everybody happiness and success! :)

Love y'all bunches! :coeurs:
Aphrodite Mae

PS: If anybody responds to this post, I probably won't see your response for several weeks... so don't let your feelings be hurt just 'cause I don't respond right away, OK?

Hobbes

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Good to hear from you Havely! I hope you are both back soon - in time for the Halloween quiz at least :)

Chris

DarthMath
Colonel

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:03 pm

I strongly agree with Hobbes. Glad to see that you and your family are all right.

[CENTER] :thumbsup: LONG LIVE THE QUEEN :thumbsup: [/CENTER]
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

picaron

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:19 pm

We expect to have good your news prompt.
:wavey: :hat:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

DaemoneIsos
Sergeant

An unexpected treat

Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:28 pm

The medals are a terrific idea, delightfully implemented. My hat is off to you!

This also may be the most civilized thread I ever remember anywhere....

Well done, and thanks. I will wear my (modest) ribbons with pride.

-D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aphrodite Mae

Liaison award to Ethan

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Aphrodite Mae wrote:To be awarded a diplomatic Liaison medal, you must be fluent in English and French or German or Spanish.

For service to the Queen as a liaison to the Spanish forums, I present the Diplomatic Liaison medal to Ethan!

Here is your medal, sir! :)
[CENTER]
Image[/CENTER]

Congratulations, Ethan, and thank you for your services to the forums as a translator and liaison! Your helpful and friendly posts are a credit to both forums! :)

Aphrodite Mae

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:52 am

Oh Majesty, is a great honor to be the bearer of a medal like this. I hope to live up to what is expected. It's a pleasure to serve you and the Forums. ;)

I'm at your complete disposal, Majesty! :coeurs:

[SIZE="4"][font="Georgia"]Long live our Queen[/font]!![/size] :gardavou:

Ethan.
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jim-NC

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:16 pm

Congratulations :p ompom: Ethan, a medal well deserved. :winner: :fleurs:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Thanks a lot, my friend, I only hope to get closer to your mastery level... Perhaps someday. ;) :thumbsup:

Best Regards! :wavey:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jim-NC

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:04 pm

:mdr: Mastery of what? I have trouble with one language, never mind a second. So you are way ahead of me there. :thumbsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Jim-NC wrote: I have trouble with one language, never mind a second.

:niark: :niark:

:thumbsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “General discussions”