lodilefty

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:43 am

Dixicrat wrote:Lodilefty,
I've just spoken (by phone) to she who rules our hearts. She is enroute as we speak, but I doubt that she'll be here before the WiFi hotspot shuts down for the evening. :(

She asked me to convey the message that she trusts your judgment implicitly, and says that you may move the thread to wherever you deem best. She voiced a single concern: what will happen to those people who will look for the thread where it is now, and find it gone?

Her command is my wish.... :blink:

Permanemt redirect at AACW forum pointing to here. :w00t:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Ebbingford

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:36 am

Only problem is this is now in here where most people can't get to.... ;)

(I will delete this post when it is moved again :D )

lodilefty

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Oops! :(

Sorry, I forgot lounge is limited :bonk:

Better now?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Narwhal

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:15 pm

Thank you Loli !

Now it is there, can I nominate Hobbes for the 2 outstanding CAMPAIGNS he gave us in WiA (King's William War, Pontiac's War), thus we now have 5 instead of 3 campaigns !

jack54
Brigadier General

Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Thank you so much for the medal. :coeurs: .. I really do appreciate it. :)

deguerra
Major

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:40 am

Narwhal wrote:Thank you Loli !

Now it is there, can I nominate Hobbes for the 2 outstanding CAMPAIGNS he gave us in WiA (King's William War, Pontiac's War), thus we now have 5 instead of 3 campaigns !

This one I can definitely second. Not only are the two campaigns fantastic and astoundingly detailed and bug-less, but Hobbes was also very kind and active with responding to any questions and comments on them in his threads.

MarkShot

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:50 pm

Ah, it's December, and AGEOD's Gracious Queen has returned to the forums ...

Yes, Virginia, there is Santa Claus! :)

Aphrodite Mae

Official Notice

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:28 am

Gentlemen,
Barring unforeseen circumstances, I will post a "quick reference guide" to all medals in this thread, not later than 2300 hours Greenwich Time, Monday, December 19th.

[SIZE="3"][font="Book Antiqua"]Aphrodite Mae[/font][/size]

@MarkShot: you're so sweet! :D :coeurs:

Aphrodite Mae

Festival of the Tiger!

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:33 am

Captain_Orso wrote:I feel like I'm standing on the shoulders of giants.

Me, too. :)

We have greats like Lodi, who have made great and lasting contributions to our community with their selfless service to us. Many of these men are well known to us, but others are not so prominent. Indeed, their quiet contributions have been done without official AGEod titles like "coordinator" or "developer". Instead, they have quietly served us in ways that are less prominent, but no less deserving of great respect and recognition.

One of these men is Hobbes. Hobbes avatar is the famous tiger from the cartoon strip, Calvin and Hobbes. The cartoon Hobbes is brilliant, talented, playful, and hilarious, and yet imbued with a certain dapper, quiet dignity. Really, gentlemen: I can't think of a better avatar for our Hobbes! :)

Our Hobbes is the quintessential "English Gentleman", possessed of a delightfully dry sense of humor and a superbly keen mind. And yet, he doesn't call attention to himself, except with memorable posts, bright ideas, and the fruits of his labors for us. If you know where to look, you can't help but be impressed with his astonishing skills as a wargamer, modder, and AAR commentator.

Like Lodilefty, this gentleman cannot have his contributions to our forums acknowledged by a single medal. So, let's have another festival, shall we? Let's have a "Festival of the Tiger!" :)

Next: Hobbe's classic playing aid!

Aphrodite Mae

Hobbe's Classic Playing Aid

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:41 am

In 2009, Hobbes was awarded the Distinguished Service Medal for his role as a member of the Beta Team that brought us AGEod's American Civil War. For many people, that distinctive achievement of service to our community would be enough. But apparently, it wasn't enough for Hobbes! Hobbes went on to create a true classic of our forums, the AACW Quick Reference Guide.

I consider it a masterpiece! :) Apparently, so do many other people: the thread in which he posted it has the highest "page views" of any post every made by a gamer, on these forums! Only official AGEod posts exceed it. Over twenty-five thousand hits later, it's still drawing praise! Here's the link: AACW Quick Reference Guide

For Hobbe's outstanding contribution to our knowledge of AACW, he is awarded the Bronze Oak leaf for his Distinguished Service medal.

[CENTER][ATTACH]16831[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Thanks, Chris, for helping thousands of us to become stronger players! :)

Next: Hobbe's Modding skills!
Attachments
9600_Distinguished Service Medal w Bronze.PNG
9600_Distinguished Service Medal w Bronze.PNG (2.14 KiB) Viewed 7199 times

Aphrodite Mae

Hobbe's Legendary Modding skills!

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:13 am

After his service as an AACW Beta, Hobbes continued to develop his skills as a modder, under the masterful guidance of Lodilefty. Hobbes switched his attention to a different AGEod game, but AACW's loss was War in America's gain!

Gentlemen, have you ever done any modding? If you have, then you know that even simple mods can be a bit bewildering. Sure: time and experience will make what initially seemed complicated a bit less so, but designing entire scenarios is something that only the most skilled can attempt, at least with any hope of success. Hobbes has not only designed scenarios for WiA, but he has created campaigns: complex scenarios with scripted events, stretching across many years!

Narwhal wrote:[...] I nominate Hobbes for the 2 outstanding CAMPAIGNS he gave us in WiA (King's William War, Pontiac's War).
...We now have 5 instead of 3 campaigns!

deguerra wrote:This one I can definitely second. Not only are the two campaigns fantastic and astoundingly detailed and bug-less, but Hobbes was also very kind and active with responding to any questions and comments on them in his threads.

For Hobbes demonstrated Mastery of Modding, I award the Master Modder award.
Gentlemen of the forums, this is only the third time that this medal has been awarded! :)
For the level of detail in his campaigns, the medal is upgraded with a Bronze Oak leaf.
And for the excellent level of quality of his campaigns, the Bronze Oak leaf is upgraded to Silver.
This medal has never been awarded with such high honors! :)

[CENTER][ATTACH]16834[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

For Hobbes outstanding support of his scenarios, the Bronze Oak leaf of his Distinguished Service medal is upgraded to Silver.

[CENTER][ATTACH]16833[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Congratulations, Sir Hobbes! :)

[CENTER]**********[/CENTER]

Gentlemen of the forums, I have an announcement to make. Soon, Hobbes and I will be engaging in battle, playing his campaign, King William's War! :cool: We shall post AARs, for all who care to follow the battle of Tigers! :D A "Paper Tiger" (General Aphrodite Mae), and a "Stuffed Tiger" (General Hobbes). While I'm fairly confident that it is I who will have the stuffing knocked out her, it should be fun! :)

Tomorrow in "Festival of the Tiger": The Award named after Hobbes! :p ompom:
Attachments
9451_Warrant IV (s).png
9451_Warrant IV (s).png (1.83 KiB) Viewed 7199 times
9601_Distinguished Service Medal w Silver.png
9601_Distinguished Service Medal w Silver.png (2.31 KiB) Viewed 7200 times

George McClellan
Captain
Location: " If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere!"

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:14 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:
After due deliberation, the Queen has chosen George McClellan to be the very first General of The Queen's Army!

My queen, I find this a great honor to be a General. I do not know how to thank you. :gardavou: And I certainly won't drag my feet. ;) Thank you for this honor. :)
George McClellan is locked in Cincinati until Lincoln admits he's a baboon.Image

Hobbes

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:28 pm

One is overwhelmed to be thought of so highly my Queen. I am deeply affected by your generosity in bestowing on so lowly a subject such magnificent decorations. I shall wear them with a fierce pride burning in my heart.

I eagerly await the battles to come although it seems somewhat impudent to attempt damage to our esteemed majesty's armies. Image
Attachments
Knight.gif
Knight.gif (14.49 KiB) Viewed 7445 times

lodilefty

Huzzah!

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Hobbes wrote:One is overwhelmed to be thought of so highly my Queen. I am deeply affected by your generosity in bestowing on so lowly a subject such magnificent decorations. I shall wear them with a fierce pride burning in my heart.

I eagerly await the battles to come although it seems somewhat impudent to attempt damage to our esteemed majesty's armies. Image

Recognition for you is long overdue. :winner:

Simply put: WIA would only be a shadow of what it is today without your testing, design ideas, and new scenarios. :coeurs: :love: :thumbsup:

...oh, and your merciless nagging of The Master for game engine improvements has benefitted ALL AGE-engine games! :blink: :w00t: :love:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Aphrodite Mae

Tale of the Stuffed Tiger!

Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:45 am

Early in this thread, there were many good suggestions from the men of these forums for new medals. One of the best suggestions was from Hobbes, when he proposed that I design a new medal for the achievement of reaching 2000 posts. It really made sense to me, and I couldn't help but wonder why I hadn't thought of it, myself!

I knew that when your postcounts passed a certain point, you began to acquire titles instead of ranks. But I also knew that once you reached 1000 posts and acquired the title, "AGEod Grognard", that was it. You'd reached the top! :) So, Hobbes suggestion was the perfect solution to recognize those men who are the "Grognards of Grognards": men who have made enough posts to become a Grognard, twice!

It was fortunate at the time that I was perceptive enough to note a remarkable coincidence: Hobbes had 1999 posts! :w00t: After I sweetly pointed this out to him, his surprised delight was unbounded! And so, he reached the milestone, enraptured with joy at the prospect of receiving the handsome little medal that I'd designed for the occasion. So unexpectedly, too! How remarkable! :D

Earlier in the thread, I'd presented the "Iron Tiger" medal to the men who were both indestructible and utterly terrifying on the virtual battlefield. I'd also presented the "Paper Tiger", as a medal that you award to yourself to acknowledge poor play or inexperience. All medals with "Tiger" in the name were about extremes! It seemed totally appropriate to name a medal for the extreme of 2000 posts the "Stuffed Tiger", since the Grognard who'd first achieved that milestone was Hobbes!

Enter, the villain! :D Those of you who have read our German Ambassador Dooya's posts know that he has a mischievous sense of humor. And so, scarcely had Hobbes responded with his 2000th post, than did the German Ambassador suggest that the medal be for exactly two thousand posts... echoing Hobbes very own unfortunate choice of words, when he'd suggested the medal. Who was I to refuse the suggestion of our distinguished Ambassador? And so, I solemnly presented "The Stuffed Tiger" to Hobbes, emphasizing that it would be rescinded with the 2001st post. Poor Hobbes!

But the tale grows sadder, I fear. No sooner had I awarded the medal to our newly mute friend who had exactly 2000 posts, than his Excellency the German Ambassador immediately insisted that Hobbes share his feelings about winning the medal. Apparently, Hobbes was too overwhelmed with joy to notice the Ambassador's request, since he made no response. :D Even so, his medal appeared in his signature. He just became mighty quiet.

And so we waited, for a surprisingly long time. But finally, he reappeared here, and with great dignity promised his undying loyalty to the Order of Aphrodite's Knights, though he (mistakenly) accepted that he was no longer a Knight. He'd made a post in another thread, and so he'd come back to relinquish his medal. What nobility, folks! :D

Of course, little Queens who are sweet tend to like noble acts and want to reward them. And so I rescinded the medal's recension clause, decreed that the medal be his in perpetuity, and changed its requirements to read "2000 posts or more"... just like Hobbes had known all along that I would. :)
And so it was that everyone lived happily, ever after!

And that is the tale of the Stuffed Tiger, my friends.

@Chris: You and your "stuffed tiger" now have a tale! :D

Of course, all that was long ago. Time has passed, and things have changed. But you know what? One of the things that hasn't changed is that Hobbes is still here, and still posting! He's neither a Developer, nor a Coordinator. But if you look at his post count, you'd think so! Gentlemen, Hobbes has made more posts than any other "AGEod Grognard", ever. He has passed the 3000 post milestone! Incredible though it may seem, his "Stuffed Tiger" needs to be upgraded!

For the remarkable achievement of his 3000+ posts, Hobbes is awarded the Tiger Pin, to add to his "Stuffed Tiger" medal.

[CENTER][ATTACH]16857[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Congratulations, Chris! :) I've affixed the "Tiger in Cool Shades" pin to your medal, to commemorate your accomplishment! :cool:

Next: Hobbe's "Bright Idea!" :)
Attachments
8001_Stuffed Tiger (pin).png
8001_Stuffed Tiger (pin).png (4.7 KiB) Viewed 7405 times

Aphrodite Mae

Service Award for Hobbes Bright Idea!

Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:41 am

Many of you already know that Hobbes is the traditional host of our forum's annual Halloween Thread. If you don't know this yet, you're in for a treat! Almost every year, Hobbes has hosted a thread that is almost like a carnival! :) There are prizes, and great things to see, and fun things to do... it's always a memorable experience!!

I'm sure that many of you who've checked out his annual "carnival" will agree that Hobbes is long overdue recognition, for his creative idea! :)

For his "bright idea" of a Halloween thread, Hobbes is awarded the service medal.
For his philanthropy of awarding games and prizes, he is awarded the bronze oak leaf, for that medal.
For his dedication in providing great entertainment year after year, his oak leaf is upgraded to silver.
And for always making it such a cool experience, we shall frost his silver leaf, with "coolness".
:cool:

[CENTER][ATTACH]16860[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Thanks so much, Hobbes, for your fun tradition! :)

Next: Hobbe's AARs!
Attachments
8702_Service Medal S(f).png
8702_Service Medal S(f).png (1.6 KiB) Viewed 7400 times

Hobbes

Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:55 pm

I must say that I do like the idea of a medal awarded for an exact number of posts and then removed. A difficult idea to implement though I fear!
One is amazed at one's majesty's memory but one is not surprised by it as you give such warm and thoughtful consideration to all of your subjects.

I thought I would post a picture of myself Christmas shopping earlier today, proudly displaying my new rack.

With fond regards m'lady
Chris
Attachments
Rack.jpg
Rack.jpg (54.24 KiB) Viewed 7416 times

gchristie
Brigadier General

Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:35 pm

"Frosted with coolness." This idea and this thread gets better and better :love: .

Sooooo glad to have you back again.
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Aphrodite Mae

Hobbes: AAR Master!

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:17 pm

Just in case you don't know, an AAR (After Action Report) is a thread that describes the progress of a PBEM (Play By EMail) game. Most AARs provide a turn-by-turn account of the game. Some AARs are simple, and just provide a rough sketch of what the player was thinking when he moved troops, bought reinforcements, or made a strategic decision. Other AARs are more elaborate, with screen shots and other graphics to help readers better understand what was going on in the game, that turn. Some people take their AARs even further, and provide historical notes and detailed strategic discussions. When these AARs are written by strong players, they can be both fascinating to read, and helpfully instructive. They're like a beautifully illustrated textbook, written by a respected expert on the game!

Hobbes AARs are just like that: "beautifully illustrated textbooks, written by a respected expert on the game". He has a delightful writing style, and he often includes delightful "little extras" like photographs, historic notes, and sometimes, even period art! He's great at explaining what he did and why he did it, in a way that's instructive for weaker players like me. And when it's just straightforward gaming that doesn't require much explanation, the graphics that he posts more than makes up for it! :)

I think he deserves a medal, don't you? :)

I hereby award the "AAR Master" medal to Hobbes, for his beautiful, fascinating, and informative AARs.

[CENTER][ATTACH]16869[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Congratulations, Chris! We hope that you'll write more! :)
Attachments
9450_AAR Master.png
9450_AAR Master.png (958 Bytes) Viewed 7387 times

Aphrodite Mae

Interlude: General Hobbes!

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:28 pm

We've already recognized Hobbes true Mastery of Scenario Design by awarding him the Master Modder medal with high honors. But there's an important quality that a good scenario designer must have, that most people probably don't think about. It's simply that one must be a strong player, too! A strong player who has a deep understanding of the game's complexities, quirks, and nuances can design scenarios that are exciting to play, fascinating to watch, and filled with tension, right up to the end! It's pretty obvious that Hobbes is a strong player in Wars in America, just based on the scenarios he's designed. But you know what? He's equally strong, in AACW!

Hobbes spoke of my memory; let's see if he remembers this! :D

One of the most spectacular demonstrations of strategic planning and tactical mastery that I've ever seen was executed by Hobbes. Hobbes was in command of Union forces in an AACW grand campaign. He was besieging Richmond, but the situation was utterly stagnant. The Confederate Armies at Richmond were deeply entrenched, and well supplied. Nothing had changed, over the summer and early autumn; and now, winter was approaching. Attrition across all fronts presented the appearance that Hobbes was running low on money, men, and supplies.

But Hobbes poor position was only an illusion. By shifting forces from the midwest and elsewhere, Hobbes let his opponent see a steady stream of reinforcements and replacements flowing into Virginia. It was a "Magruder" kind of move: the Confederacy didn't notice that all of the "new" reinforcements flowing in weren't new. To the CSA, it appeared that Hobbes was spending all his treasure on a fruitless siege that was doomed to fail. That wasn't the case, at all. Unknown to his opponent, Hobbes had built an "Apocalyptic Army of Doom" in New England, over the summer! :D

And so, on the cusp of Winter, the Confederacy found itself facing its very own D-Day. Union Armies waded ashore, near Richmond. In a juggernaut of magnificent mayhem, they moved in a race against time to cut supply, isolate resistance, occupy ground, and basically make life utterly miserable for the Confederacy. Hobbes plan worked brilliantly! Out of supply, the might armies of the Conferacy soon collapsed. Richmond fell, and so did the South's will to fight on. General Hobbes was able to give Lincoln the entire Confederacy, for Christmas! :D

Chris, if you can find that old game and post an AAR for it, it would be a wondrous gift to the forums! If you have the time and inclination to do so, the Queen shall shower you with the battlefield medals that you deserve, for your "Antebellum D-Day!" :)

Aphrodite Mae

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:40 pm

Hobbes wrote:[...] I thought I would post a picture of myself Christmas shopping earlier today, proudly displaying my new rack. [...]

Once again, I find myself grateful that the gentlemen here can neither see me, nor hear me! :D Oh, Chris, that is so classically you, to post that! Thank you, so much, for making me lose my composure, once again!
Priceless! :D

gchristie wrote:Sooooo glad to have you back again.

Why, thank you, George! Between Chris making me almost fall out of my chair, and your graciousness making me feel loved and appreciated, I must say that it's just wonderful to be back!

With immense affection for the both of you,
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]Havely[/size][/font]

Aphrodite Mae

Hobbes's Gallantry Award!

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:56 pm

As I've explained before, the "Queen's Gallantry" medal isn't an award from the forums. The medal has fairly modest "rank", among the other medals, and it has no prestige whatsoever. That's because it's an award from me, personally. With every other medal, I try to present what I believe the consensus of the forums are. But with the Queen's Gallantry medal, it is exclusively and without apology my personal opinion.

I award it to gentlemen who attract my attention in ways that don't involve direct service to our community or AGEod games. It's not an award you can endeavor to achieve. I guess you could say that it's kinda like one of the impulsive smooches that I've given to some of you: an appreciative act on my part that says "thank you!" or "you're so sweet!" or even "I'm impressed!"
Of course, the medal is more dignified, and less impulsive than a plain ol' smooch. I guess you could say that the medal is a smooch that's dressed in a ball gown, and scented with French perfume. :D

Hobbes has been a close friend of mine for a long time. He has been loyal, supportive, delightfully funny, and very gallant in many ways. This English Gentleman is my close personal friend because he has won my respect and affection many times over, with words and deeds that have made me say, "thank you, Chris!" and "You are such a sweetie, Chris!", and even "Wow, Chris! That's impressive!"

For his gallantry as a gentleman and personal confidant of the Queen, Hobbes is awarded the Queen's Gallantry Medal.

For his Gallantry in "affairs of state" dealing with the Queen, Hobbes is awarded the Bronze Oak leaf for his Gallantry medal.

For his consistent Gallantry in both personal and state affairs of the Queen over the course of years, Hobbes' Bronze leaf is upgraded through Silver, to Gold. :)

And for the elegant panache that he so often demonstrates in all of his affairs, his Oak leaf shall be elegantly guilded with frost.

[CENTER][ATTACH]16871[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Thanks for being the loyal, gallant, and elegant friend that you've been to me, both personally, and in my role as Queen! :love:
Attachments
8398_Queen's Gallentry G(f).png
8398_Queen's Gallentry G(f).png (3.87 KiB) Viewed 7385 times

Aphrodite Mae

Upgrade to Hobbes's Distinguished Service Medal

Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:13 am

lodilefty wrote:Recognition for you is long overdue. :winner:

Simply put: WIA would only be a shadow of what it is today without your testing, design ideas, and new scenarios. :coeurs: :love: :thumbsup:

...oh, and your merciless nagging of The Master for game engine improvements has benefitted ALL AGE-engine games! :blink: :w00t: :love:

:w00t: Wow! This is news to me, that Chris has had a hand in shaping the direction of new AGE improvements! This is major!

Well, I'm delighted that I have the ability to address this new development! :)

I hereby upgrade the Silver leaf of Hobbe's Distinguished Service Medal to Gold, for his "ad hoc" role as trusted advisory consultant to Pocus in development of the AGE game engine.

Because you have, in some fashion, contributed to shaping the "soul" of our games,
I further decree that your leaf shall be kissed with the frost of coolness. :cool:

[CENTER][ATTACH]16873[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

I've slightly changed the design of the medal, by broadening the central pillar.

Just when I think that I can't be impressed with you any more than I am, I find something like this! Congratulations, Hobbes! :)
Attachments
9603_Distinguished Service Medal G(f).png
9603_Distinguished Service Medal G(f).png (2.09 KiB) Viewed 7388 times

Aphrodite Mae

Conclusion of "Festival of the Tiger"!

Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:22 am

Well! Once again, we have recognized one of our forum's heroes! Just in case you're wondering what Hobbe's rack looks like with the medals that he's been awarded during "Festival of the Tiger", here's a glimpse! ;)

[CENTER][ATTACH]16874[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Top Row: Distinguished Service Medal with Frozen Gold Oak Leaf; Master Modder Citation with Silver Oak Leaf; AAR Master medal
Bottom Row: Queen's Gallantry Award with Frozen Gold Oak Leaf; Sir Hobbes Stuffed Tiger award with Tiger Pin; Service Award with Frozen Silver Oak Leaf.

Thanks for attending our "Festival of the Tiger"! :cool:

[SIZE="3"][font="Book Antiqua"]Queen Aphrodite Mae[/font][/size]
Attachments
Hobbes Rack.png
Hobbes Rack.png (15.72 KiB) Viewed 7389 times

gchristie
Brigadier General

Major Tom

Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Your Grace.

"Ground Control" would like to nominate Major Tom for his digging in to the workings of this game and posting very helpful analyses. I'm reminded of his treatise on Zone of Control that was recently resurrected by Jim NC as a sterling example.

Pardon me, but I don't remembers which medal(s) he should be nominated for but if no one has done so, Ground Control has started a count down...

Haven't seen posts from him for a while, so his circuits may be dead, but let's not let that prevent us giving credit where credit is due. :fleurs:

[SIZE="1"]If he has already been awarded medals then can he have another?[/size]

Edit: I see that he was awarded the Cadre Service Medal for his frontage analysis. Ah well, I don't suppose he can have some more?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZrgxHvNNUc&feature=related
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Hobbes

Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Once again I am staggered by m'lady's generosity and with the weight of metal upon my breast I am finding it hard to arise from one knee to gaze upon your majesty's fair countenance. Unfortunately I am no longer in possession of the evidence of the move you so artistically describe - but for the wellbeing of my back this may not be such a bad thing :)

Hobbes

Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Once again I am staggered by m'lady's generosity and with the weight of metal upon my breast I am finding it hard to arise from one knee to gaze upon your majesty's fair countenance. Unfortunately I am no longer in possession of the evidence of the move you so artistically describe - but for the wellbeing of my back this may not be such a bad thing :)

Aphrodite Mae

Medals Quick Reference PDF

Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Aphrodite Mae wrote:Gentlemen,
Barring unforeseen circumstances, I will post a "quick reference guide" to all medals in this thread, not later than 2300 hours Greenwich Time, Monday, December 19th.

[SIZE="3"][font="Book Antiqua"]Aphrodite Mae[/font][/size]

I've attached a simple PDF that I've created that will hopefully clear up any confusion that you have about medals.

One thing that I forgot to mention in the notes: when a medal is "retired", that only means that I'm not awarding it anymore. So, if a medal is "retired" but you earned it when it was active, you may wear it for the rest of your days! No need to remove it from your rack! :)

[ATTACH]16886[/ATTACH]

I've also decided to include Dixicrat's "Medals Tutorial", which describes his method of creating a "rack" of medals. Here's the attachment:

[ATTACH]16887[/ATTACH]
Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Glad to see you back Aphrodite. I have been gone for awhile myself, but finally got a internet connection over here in the desert. LOL
[color="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]“We may be annihilated, but we cannot be conquered.”

- General Albert Sidney Johnston[/size][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER][color="DarkGreen"]AGEod's American Civil War Wiki - [/color][color="DarkGreen"]AACWWiki[/color][/CENTER]

Aphrodite Mae

Doomwalker: Armorer and Jeweler to the Queen!

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Doomwalker wrote:Glad to see you back Aphrodite. I have been gone for awhile myself, but finally got a internet connection over here in the desert. LOL

Wow! :w00t: I thought you were gone for good! And yet... here you are! :happyrun: :p ompom:

Gentlemen of the forums, may I present to you the Queen's Jeweler and Armorer, Doomwalker! Doomwalker is the artist who designed the "tiger in cool shades" pin for us, a few years ago; and he is also the artist who created the only medal that your sweet little queen wears: my beautiful, elegant "Queen Medal", that I display in my avatar. (Doomwalker was part of the cabal that brought legitimacy to my ruthless seizure of Queeniness, in "days of yore"!) :mdr: And last but certainly not least, many of the handsome racks that you see worn by men of these forums were put together by Doomwalker, when people petitioned him for help.

Is this guy a candidate for the Queen's Gallantry medal, or what?!

For his services to the Queen as the "Jeweler" who designed the extremely cool "tiger pin", Doomwalker is awarded the Queen's Gallantry Medal, with Bronze Oak Leaf.

For his services to the forums as "armorer" in creating racks for those who needed help, his Bronze Oak Leaf is upgraded to silver.

For his services to the Queen and forums in designing the single medal that the Queen displays with pride (the medal of her legitimate sovereignty), Doomwalker's Silver leaf is upgraded to Gold.

Doomwalker created your Queen's Crown, gentlemen! :)

And for always giving his best efforts to meet the Queen's requests for graphics support with a cheerful "can do!" attitude, no matter what she asked, or how many times she sent it back for changes...
Doomwalker's Golden Leaf shall be armored in the frost of "coolness".
:cool:

[CENTER][ATTACH]16903[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

Thanks for your talented service to us, old friend! :) You have a rare honor awaiting you, when the Queen's Army is unveiled... ;)
Attachments
8398_Queen's Gallentry G(f).png
8398_Queen's Gallentry G(f).png (3.87 KiB) Viewed 7313 times

Return to “General discussions”