Sillywhim
Conscript

Love the game system, has anyone thrown out these Ideas?

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:09 am

Howdy,
New to the forum and I wanted to let you know that I am officially addicted to BOA. I love the system, deep but elegant and simple to learn.

Areas I would love to see this system cover.
  • Bonnie Prince Charlie's rising of '45
  • English Civil War
  • Campaigns of Fredrick the Great
Just to name three.

Any others, besides the obvious Napoleonic?

Ayeshteni
Captain

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:16 pm

Sillywhim wrote:Howdy,
New to the forum and I wanted to let you know that I am officially addicted to BOA. I love the system, deep but elegant and simple to learn.

Areas I would love to see this system cover.
[LIST]
[*]Bonnie Prince Charlie's rising of '45

*knees go weak at the thought*

oooooooh, yes please. Though it may have to be part of a 'larger' game having more scenarios than just the '45.

Ayeshteni

Sillywhim
Conscript

Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:25 am

Ayeshteni wrote:*knees go weak at the thought*

oooooooh, yes please. Though it may have to be part of a 'larger' game having more scenarios than just the '45.

Ayeshteni

Ahh a closet Jacobite are we?

Pocus

Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:54 am

Thanks for the kind words Sillywhim!

We indeed have several plans to expand on the BOA engine (part of a more generic engine called AGE - Adaptive Game Engine). At the end of this year you should see our second product, and at least another one is planned for 2007.

We strive to develop rules which are not too difficult to understand, but with a good realism (and fun too). As in fundamental physics, many behaviors which can be seen as stemming from different causes are in fact particular cases of a fundamental rule. In essence, an indian raid passing thru your lines and crippling your depots can be modelized with the same rule that would handle u-boot moving stealthly to sunk cargo ships in a WW2 game. You just have to identify correctly the causes and parameters, and propose a mechanism which work well for both cases, with just some little tweak :king:

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “General discussions”