GuileMike
Sergeant

Memory in the settings

Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:21 am

This might be a stupid question, but in the settings does it make a difference in any of the ageod wego games if you crank up the memory usage? I have 32gb ram. Would it increase the time between turns for example or enhance anything else?

GM

Pocus

Re: Memory in the settings

Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:04 pm

It's mostly to help the video card actually, so go ahead!

tataharier702
Civilian

Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:09 am

Same here, I had made the change to 512mb a long while ago but recently started getting memory shortage messages, bumped it to 2gb and all is well!
https://pikashow.fyi/
https://ppssppgold.one/

jonsnowww
Civilian

Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:49 am

GuileMike wrote:This might be a stupid question, but in the settings does it make a difference in any of the ageod wego games if you crank up the memory usage? I have 32gb ram. Would it increase the time between turns for example or enhance anything else?

GM

Not a stupid question at all! Increasing the memory usage in Ageod WEGO games can indeed have an effect on the game's performance. With your 32GB RAM, it's worth exploring the benefits it can bring. By allocating more memory to the game, you might experience improved loading times, smoother gameplay, and potentially shorter time intervals between turns. The additional memory allows the game to store and process more data efficiently, which can enhance the overall gaming experience. It shows your dedication to optimizing your gaming setup and making the most out of your hardware capabilities. Happy gaming!
Last edited by jonsnowww on Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

jcrohio
Lieutenant

Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:56 pm

I assume you are talking about the Memory Usage option under Systems. This option only allows me to use the far-left setting (10% of memory I think). If I change the setting it just goes back to 10%. Is this normal or I am misunderstanding what you guys are discussing?

Jack

Nikel

Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:50 pm

How much RAM your system has?

You may also do it manually, editing the file General.opt with a text editor. It is located in the system folder of the particular game. The line is

MemUsage = 75

jcrohio
Lieutenant

Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:39 am

16 gigs. I will try the manual fix and see what it does. Not having too many problems. Just occasional crashes which really feel random. Can't find any pattern but they are infrequent.

Return to “General discussions”