marek1978
Colonel

new game

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:59 pm

i wonder if the new game is going to be released in 2021, and what would it be.

most of the people expect Field of Glory Medievel but i am stilll hoping for something with shorter time frame to cover and more historical accurancy and density like Wars of Napoleon II ( with new engine)

or something like that

anyway - good health to all of you here,

Pocus

Re: new game

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:24 pm

This reply is only made of uninformative words and contains no information worth of notice. :siffle: :laugh:

marek1978
Colonel

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:33 pm

I knew it!!!!
:sherlock:

Pocus wrote:This reply is only made of uninformative words and contains no information worth of notice. :siffle: :laugh:

Bateman1982
Private

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:48 pm

marek1978 wrote:most of the people expect Field of Glory Medievel but i am stilll hoping for something with shorter time frame to cover and more historical accurancy and density like Wars of Napoleon II ( with new engine)

Same, I have a hunger for some decent Napoleonic strategy.

Though I would be equally interested in a field of glory medieval that integrates with the already released tactical game.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:44 pm

Has something been announced?

wzfcns
Civilian

Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:57 pm

I will expect a medieval game in Thirty years war model,like Hundred years war or Roses war :)

Rebellion to Tyrants
Corporal

Mon May 17, 2021 2:00 am

Medieval would be perfect.

nlancier
Lieutenant

Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:11 am

Good point, totally agree.. WON2 (or NCP2!? :cool:) would be great!.
marek1978 wrote:i wonder if the new game is going to be released in 2021, and what would it be.

most of the people expect Field of Glory Medievel but i am stilll hoping for something with shorter time frame to cover and more historical accurancy and density like Wars of Napoleon II ( with new engine)

or something like that

GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

marek1978
Colonel

Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:03 am

nlancier wrote:Good point, totally agree.. WON2 (or NCP2!? :cool:) would be great!.
marek1978 wrote:i wonder if the new game is going to be released in 2021, and what would it be.

or something like that

one of the things that could be great would be using the oportunity created by combining Ageod games with Field of Glory series. By that i mean creating again operetioanl level historical war game ( like AJE 2 or WOS 2) and then creating a possibility to export battles to Field of Glory or Pike and Shot.

one step further - would be possibility of exporting game to Field of Glory Empires as well so one could for example wage Punic Wars on operational level, export battles to Field of Glory II. And once in 12 turns export operational situation to Field of Glory Empires ( and to the strategic and diplomatic moves)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:37 pm

But all of this points to a solo game. Not a pbem game once me and Narwhal have played Rise of Prussia pbem for Paradox forums. There is already the Total War games exporting campaign to battlefield. What you describe not very traditional Ageod game, all the effort could better be used to create conflicts such next Bonaparte, RCW and Espana'36 campaign game instead?

marek1978
Colonel

Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:23 pm

Baris wrote:But all of this points to a solo game. Not a pbem game once me and Narwhal have played Rise of Prussia pbem for Paradox forums. There is already the Total War games exporting campaign to battlefield. What you describe not very traditional Ageod game, all the effort could better be used to create conflicts such next Bonaparte, RCW and Espana'36 campaign game instead?

i would be more than happy to see more of the traditional AGEOD style games comming, using new engine and dealing with Espana or Bonaparte days.
what i wrote came from the fact that i thoughyt that tactical dimmension was bring more players in and more money to the company. - and thast what i think company deserves.

As for the PBEM dimension - one can play Pike and Shot online with human enemy. Maybe - when exporting battle one could make possible using that oppurtunity.

Anyway - just wondering, wishing Ageod all the best, all the money possible and all the resources neccesry to make great games.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:39 pm

Maybe Bonaparte era only have some interest-about 19th century European Wars- but US and Far east Asia dominates game market. And tactical dimension necessary for pbem nad more players? I've many doubts. :)

I miss Philippe Thibaut's game designs and pbem all I can say.

marek1978
Colonel

Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:08 am

Baris wrote:Maybe Bonaparte era only have some interest-about 19th century European Wars- but US and Far east Asia dominates game market. And tactical dimension necessary for pbem nad more players? I've many doubts. :)

I miss Philippe Thibaut's game designs and pbem all I can say.

Ageod style Romance of Three Kingdoms :). CCW - Chinease Civil Wars,
Ageods Nobunaga Ambitions

Russo-Japanease War using TEAW engine.

so many tempting possibilities :)

Civil War III with battle exporting mechanism :)

WallysWorld
Captain

Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:35 pm

I wonder if Pocus can sort of confirm if the old AGE is dead and will not be used for any new games. I still enjoy playing using that engine very much.

paulsharry23
Civilian

Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:31 pm

i love to play new games vidmate mobdro

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:49 am

WallysWorld wrote:I wonder if Pocus can sort of confirm if the old AGE is dead

I guess he would be not against new AGE games from fans, but this time he may not help them.
But fan-devs which had already did an AGE game, are tired for good from doing this and don't want to make one again, prefering working on an easier engine.
So, old AGE was beautifull undead like a vampire full feed of fan blood, but now it's decaying.
Last edited by ERISS on Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rwenstrup
Sergeant

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:30 pm

I have loved this series of games. The selection of titles has been interesting ... where you can read about a period that doesn't get much coverage and learn through the simulation.

I sincerely hope that new titles will come along ... there are few games that have held my interest al well as these! I played Wars in America yesterday!

Pocus

Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:51 am

It has been a nice period of time, but yes, no active, official development of the old AGE engine now. The new one is much faster and not that much less grognard, believe me!

You can lobby the head boss Iain McNeil about subjects you would like to see with the new Archon engine.

chee006
Civilian

Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:08 am

I do sincerely hope that AGEOD gets a proper revival with or without a new engine. I will support any game development for AGEOD titles. :coeurs:

ramisthand76
Civilian

Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:51 am

i like to play games, can you suggest me any game myfiosgateway.one
mobdro
Last edited by ramisthand76 on Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pocus

Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:51 pm

The game of life, it features full automation!

wrlertola
Corporal

Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:42 am

Pocus wrote:The game of life, it features full automation!

I've played that one, it's rather fun.
The early game is the most interesting, developing your character and skills and then honing them as you move into the mid-game which can get a bit tedious and repetitive if you don't diversify things. The late game has a lot of maintenance and repairs especially if little to no preventive maintenance was done in the mid-game. :cool:

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:19 pm

Dana Hayes
Civilian

Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:09 am

I played the game of life, it's fully automatic and quite fun. In addition, I also playmod games like Zooba, Idle mafia, .. very good and interesting. Does anyone know the name of the game or not, please tell i the name of the game.

Return to “General discussions”