runyan99

Caesar's conquest of Gaul

Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:00 pm

I've mentioned earlier I think that the BoA engine would work well for a Roman era game. Since the team seems to prefer games that have a French tie-in, I thought I would do a quick pitch for Caesar's Gallic campaign as a game idea.

Caesar's campaign in Gaul is very similar in fact to the American Revolution. The Gauls play the role of the American rebels, and Caesar's Roman legions are the British armies, trying to occupy and pacify a hostile countryside. The campaign spans several years, and includes all the same elements that BoA has, including infantry, cavalry, siege equipment, forts, leaders, allied units (friendly Gauls for the Romans), Roman navies, et cetera.

Think about it team. Get in touch with Vercingetorix and your classical French ancestors!

Carrington
Captain

Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:20 pm

Heh, nice. I was just looking at R. Berg's new design on Alesia -- interesting situation and nice commentary...

PhilThib

Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:24 pm

runyan99 wrote:Think about it team. Get in touch with Vercingetorix and your classical French ancestors!

This has not escaped us... just before we need to adapt our engine to ancient warfare :sourcil: some months of work...and we are so few :bonk: :p leure:

Return to “General discussions”