Daxil
AGEod Grognard

Game suggestion!

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:28 pm

I'm a fan of the Rome Total War series and my idea ( I'm sure some one will pick this up because it's such a great one) :thumbsup: is to create a strategy game involving the Gaelic tribes. Specifically the first objective would be to take a small tribe led by a leader with interest in uniting the tribes of Gaul. He would start out with some basic militia kind of units and try and conquer as many other tribes as possible.

After a certain period of time he may become powerful enough to ally himself with the Germanic tribes or other strong Gaelic tribes, and also Carthaginian forces coming from the South. Of course, Julius Caesar will arrive at a certain time ready or not and begin conquering everything in his path. By that time hopefully some of the Gaelic tribes are allied and developing technology and discipline, which in game terms would mean new units.

He wins if he can fight Julius Caesar and the other hostile tribes around him to a standstill thus gaining independence for his young nation.

Anyways, just a thought. :)
"We shall give them the bayonet." -Stonewall at Fredericksburg.

Mortar
Sergeant

Aegod's Gallic Wars...

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:31 am

I am still a big fan of Rome Total War, I have played it more hours than any other game I can recall. I would like to see a game in the AACW style set during that time period, gallic and roman civil wars. Another good era would be a few hundred years earlier during the greek city state wars...good selection of historically recognizable generals and an interesting selection of troop types for the elements would make for a very fun game in any of those eras.

Hohenlohe

Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:00 am

Mortar wrote:I am still a big fan of Rome Total War, I have played it more hours than any other game I can recall. I would like to see a game in the AACW style set during that time period, gallic and roman civil wars. Another good era would be a few hundred years earlier during the greek city state wars...good selection of historically recognizable generals and an interesting selection of troop types for the elements would make for a very fun game in any of those eras.

That era was still talked about in another thread. PhilThib was the developer/programmer of Pax Romana, which was a game in the kind of Europa Universalis I and was set from around 250 B.C. until about 40 B.C.
Nowadays it was eventually planned to develop a Pax Romana 2 with the AGE-engine in the future. So you have only to wait until the developers from AGEOD have the necessary time for such a development. Let them have some time and it will be happen...

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

ham
Private

Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:13 pm

[quote="Hohenlohe"]
Nowadays it was eventually planned to develop a Pax Romana 2 with the AGE-engine in the future.

Really? :w00t:

Hohenlohe

Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:49 am

ham wrote:
Hohenlohe wrote:Nowadays it was eventually planned to develop a Pax Romana 2 with the AGE-engine in the future.

Really? :w00t:

It was talked about some months ago... :thumbsup:

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Pax Romana?

Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:45 pm

I bought PR from a discard basket at the software store here in Cheyenne. I looked great!! I would not play. It is at the bottom of some dusty stack in my computer game closet. t :(

Sol Invictus

Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:28 pm

Yeah, Dreamsnatcher really pulled the rug out from under the game with a complete lack of support. I will never forgive them and to this day I am very wary about buying any game produced by those swine. :cursing:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Return to “General discussions”