Zygmunt
Private

expansion

Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:55 am

It seems to me the best way to expand is by conquering neutral provinces. Its possible to over expand but not if you keep decent armies every so there in your empire, to flat out rebellion and dissidence. The worst way to expand is to get involved in a war you cant win, most nations in this game are hard nuts to crack. And keep up your cultural (purple color) buildings, that helps keep populations loyal and in check.

Take it from my faliled carthage first game, expansion can be fun but beware oh the different cultured people (they would rather rule themselves :siffle: )

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: expansion

Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:26 am

I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Zygmunt
Private

Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:12 am

Very impressive. I was wondering and hoping FOG Empires had more of a fan base for such a great game, so slitherine seems to be the place to hang out and talk all things empiric?

I prefer carthage in 550 BC too because most of north africa is open for an easy conquest having no other nations there to get in the way

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:02 pm

I post here, on Steam FOG:E and at Slitherine. Lot's of interesting stuff to read that players post.

Zygmunt
Private

Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:17 pm

Do you notice some buildings finish times are clear as day but others are mostly blacked out? It seems to go province by province, guessing by my local experience it might effect a third of the map

Im always sure to grab up as many empty provinces while i can, actual nations are hard nuts to crack and are quite the fun challenge. Seems world conquest is impossible but how realistic is that anyway for any time of history?

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:20 pm

I was not able to find an example of that building problem. When the number of buildings in a region equals its population, the construction icon is dark. Do you mean that?

One player did conquer the entire map. I pointed out that he had not won the game yet, as his empire needed to surpass the highest Legacy made by an AI faction. IIRC, his empire was a House of Cards headed for certain collapse before he would have actually won.

Zygmunt
Private

Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:28 am

Gray Fox wrote:I was not able to find an example of that building problem. When the number of buildings in a region equals its population, the construction icon is dark. Do you mean that?

No not that. It's the number of turns left box, some you can clearly see, some are obscured black for the 90% part. Maybe it's just my installation

Playing an Athens game now. Persia is stealing my metal a little too much to tolerate and the same missions pop up every 3 tuns, but i love the game so who cares? :coeurs: Athens was going to be a bit of a challenge but my game's going fairly well.

Zygmunt
Private

Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:59 pm

Actually grey fox, i had a closer look. Instead of turns to completion some of them have a hyphen through the box. Any reason why?

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:33 pm

I finally found a save game with regions that had a group of buildings blacked out. Apparently, no commerce buildings were available. I'm still looking for buildings with a hyphen through them. It may be that something required is lacking for their construction to be possible.

Zygmunt
Private

Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:17 pm

The turn box has a very very small hyphen inside it. It's not a game kill, i just build the building anyway without knowing how long it''ll take

Its the box withiin the box in the uppper left corner. THe tiny turns until completion box

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”