Anthropoid
Lieutenant

Shuffle Not Shuffling

Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:48 pm

I'm up to about turn 30 or so on a Rome "Experienced" campaign. I have some specific buildings I want, and I keep shuffling to try to get them, but every time it just seems to come up with the same set of selections. This has carried on for at least 7 years for at least two different regions and a third and fourth one to lesser extent.

Is there some config file somewhere I can adjust that will affect this?

I really like the idea of the available builds being limited but the game would be enhanced if there were "special" measures one could undertake to increase the probability of a specific build coming up after a shuffle.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Shuffle Not Shuffling

Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:20 am

Perhaps the prerequisite buildings for the structures you want are not in existence. Here's a great guide to structures:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1796786043
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Anthropoid
Lieutenant

Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:23 am

Thanks Gray Fox.

ADDIT: Wow. I vaguely recalled having engaged in some discussions about this game on this board in the past, but after reviewing my old posts: last time I posted on this board was 10 or 11 years ago and about Rise of Prussia!

I guess I won't find any "notes" I left for myself in the form of Socratic Dialogues with other users and the devs after all!

So that resource you linked to should be very useful.

Pocus

Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:24 pm

Before reshuffling, have you checked the building you want is in the list of possible buildings? They are listed in the right panel.
They are a few decisions that will force the chances to get a harbor or a fort, but nothing else.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”