leniejame48
Civilian

Field of Glory Empire question

Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:59 pm

Looking to maybe purchase this and would like to know being somewhat new to this genre how is this to learn? Is it so difficult that i will put it down lol? Also is there a lot of micro management in this game? And would you guys recommend this over Imperator Rome? Thanks.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Field of Glory Empire question

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:33 pm

You can view the manual here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 34&t=92341

Some informative AAR's here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=563

The game uses a unique game mechanic called Decadence. As every warrior knows, from the day you are born, you start to die. Your great Empire is falling apart with every turn. You must grow your culture to outpace the decadence and stay on top. Meanwhile, to win the game your faction must acquire more Legacy points than anyone else. You do this conquering Objectives, building iconic structures and accomplishing events. The websites here, at Slitherine and on Steam can help you with any speed bump you encounter, so that's really not a problem. I was a beta tester and I'm always giving advice. As for management, just about everything can be set to varying degrees of AI control. I do everything myself and my turns take about a minute. As for IR, I believe the ratio is for FOG Empires, with stubborn IR gamers proclaiming that Paradox will eventually sell enough DLC to catch up...some day.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&t=102005
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:26 pm

Gray Fox wrote:to win the game your faction must acquire more Legacy points than anyone else. You do this conquering Objectives, building iconic structures and accomplishing events.

And you can play as you want, without even thinking about the game goal.
With this game, I actually don't care about wining, and it's still fun.

Pocus

Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:18 am

Is it you Eriss saying that? :laugh:

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:02 pm

Pocus wrote:Is it you Eriss saying that? :laugh:

I don't know why I only see your reaction now. What did you mean?
About fun, it's true I feel the fun goes away the more I conquier, as I feel micromanaging the regions becomes boring.
I will retry the game with the brand new patch (at least on GOG).
Your game is however always in my prefered, installed, dispite I almost don't play (some like some past Ageod games, lol).
Arverne fan (center of Gaul).

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”