escoutdril54
Civilian

Field of Glory empires help

Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:39 am

Hello, I need help with this game.

I started with Cartage. Why I can only get mercenaries from one province in Iberia?

Why I cant recuit mercenaries from africa and italy? I am forced to build units and go into negative manpower and they wont heal. I cant transport my mercenaries from Iberia to Africa and Italy because of supply limitations. I am at war with six nations, I cant buy mercenaries from Africa and Italy, my existing armies wont regen their hits and effectivness, i dont have manpower to build more troops. What do?

Why I cant buy mercenaries from africa or italy? There isnt even an option, not that I am lacking resoirces or smthing. I have enough equipment, money, I even build the Merc building even if Cartage goes not need it.

Durk

Re: Field of Glory empires help

Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:32 am

Hi escoutdril54 - sorry to be so delayed in response, perhaps you know the answer by now. Building mercenaries is not simple. You need a willing population, sufficient military resources, and as you note, a recruitment center. But many game limitations are historical. For instance, Carthage recruited mercenaries primarily in what is now Spain. In Africa, it recruited its own soldiers, in Italy it worked with allies.
So work on your supply limitations.
My thought.

Pocus

Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:18 am

I also missed this post despite me passing to the forum 10 days ago (I know, that's not enough!)

For Carthage, no need for Merc Center, but you need to control some specific regions. In Sicily or Spain for example, they should be recruitable from the get go.

thinkapplefour
Civilian

Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:38 am

I think you need to build mercenary center in a province to recruit mercenaries.

spiceagent11
Civilian

Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:29 am

I think you need to build mercenary center in a province to recruit mercenaries.

this make sense.

certaindoubtss
Civilian

Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:02 am

Why I cant buy mercenaries from africa or italy? There isnt even an option, not that I am lacking resoirces or smthing. I have enough equipment, money, I even build the Merc building even if Cartage goes not need it.

Pocus

Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:59 am

You should be able to buy heavy infantry merc in Carthage and light infantry in Sicily. Balearic Slingers in the Baleares and medium infantry in Spain.

Pocus

Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:08 pm

That's a lot of questions! It's better to post them in the Slitherine forum, more people around.
In Africa, you can recruit heavy infantry mercenaries in theory.
They don't get back hits because you are lacking manpower and/or supply (locally)
if you are not supplied correctly, then it means you are too far from a friendly region and your navy is not nearby to deliver supply.
I can't really say more, the game is complex and these situations demand more in-depth discussions.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:43 pm

Pocus wrote:That's a lot of questions!

And an answer to a bot?? (see the end; seems the bot know how to edit themselves?) :cthulhu:

Pocus

Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:12 am

They are alive indeed. It's only a matter of time before we ascend into our electronic form, replaced by them.

lodilefty

Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:43 pm

banned and deleted post

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”