Hector of Troy
Civilian

Reducing Micromanagement

Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi there!

First of all, let me say that I have enjoyed Field of Glory: Empires very much.

After almost 200 hours playing the game for nearly 500 turns, I am just about to achieve victory playing as Dacia on balanced difficulty.

As my campaign progressed, and as my empire increased its borders, I soon realized managing buildings and regions started consuming a lot of time.

I would like therefore to present three simple implementations that I believe would help reducing micromanagement.

Firstly, it would be great if it were possible to queue buildings in the construction tab.

Secondly, for better refinement, I would like the possibility to combine two of the auto-management priority buttons. For instance, pressing food and then culture would result in a balanced outcome between those two stats. Moreover, since food and culture have a strong impact on regions (e.g. loyalty, legacy, growth, supplies), I believe it would be a nice idea to have the population distributed more evenly among them.

Finally, I would suggest the addition of one more button that would automatically redistribute infrastructure points, thus reassigning the idle population if no building in a province is being built, keeping maintenance to a minimum.

In the future, I think it would be also worth considering keeping all of those stats, as well as constructions, in a provincial level, instead of regionally. This would greatly reduce micromanagement and facilitate general management, still keeping all of the flavor and fun from the current features.

Great game, Pocus! Keep up the good work!

Pocus

Re: Reducing Micromanagement

Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:14 pm

Thanks for the remarks ... That's noted but can't tell if they can be done relatively soon.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:37 pm

Yes, that's I feel and why I finally not so continue playing. Game is always installed, but after playing much I now barely touch it.
Maybe the game is too rich,
and then expending, winning, becomes a work. It's quite like same kind of drawback as MoO2 (but here it was about armies IIRC).
Med2-TotalWar was the right balance, simple enough (settlment and armies) so expanding didn't become a boring management.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:50 am

Maybe one missing feature is an automatic management of population, so we don't adjust them each turn.

EDIT: For Pocus' morale sake, won't there be anybody feeling countrary? lol

Pocus

Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:55 am

Hopefully for the next game you will be able to have single regions run on autopilot, and I can patch it back to Empires.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”