Don Powell
Sergeant

So - How's the New Diplomacy ?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:44 pm

I'm pondering a painful tearing away from PON to give this a try but was waiting for the Diplomacy to improve ....

What do you guys think of the new features and overall enjoyment level for the diplomatic aspect now ?

marek1978
Colonel

Re: So - How's the New Diplomacy ?

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:10 am

Hi

I would say that Empires diplomacy is best of all Ageod games.

Not perfect but working good. Cant wait to see it transfered to some XVIII centuries reality :)

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:19 am

its really good, it works dynamically, it gives a fair degree of interaction. Can sometimes be a bit odd but I'd tend to see that as reflecting the sort of misjudgements that rulers/states might make in reality.

Empires has cured my PoN addiction

Ebbingford

Fri May 29, 2020 8:41 pm

"...a bit odd".
In my game as Britonae, about 170 turns in Rome became a client state of Macedonia.....
Rome was way ahead of me, in second place, and Macedonia was down lower still.
Several turns later and Rome has ceased to exist, it has been absorbed into the Macedonian empire.
Doesn't seem a likely outcome to me.....

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 29, 2020 10:12 pm

Rome and Macedonia are game constructs. A faction can have high Legacy and get wiped out militarily, so why not diplomatically? Players accept that they can destroy an enemy on the battlefield, then take slaves from every region conquered and finally slaughter any rebels who object. In my Burgundi campaign, I made a transaction to gain the province of Italia Superior and later another to make Rome my Client State. Some players treated this like an exploit. No one died, no slaves abused or rebel scum crushed. I pointed out that I had given Rome several times their cash on hand as well as manpower, metal and military units. The Rome in my game was losing each of these resources every turn at the time. Rome also had an aging token. I believe it is a mistake to think of a diplomatic transaction as a trade. Maybe I gave support to a political faction in Rome that took power and sought my aid by giving me control of a province. Why wouldn't such a faction want my protection? It's unscrupulous to target a faction when it's weak, but it is "a likely outcome".
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:33 am

Once Macedonia gets to rolling, they are a juggernaut. Antigonids, too.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”