H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Questions about battles NOT imported to FoG2...

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:04 am

The battles not being imported to Field of Glory 2.

OK, so, two situations -

1. I have a pretty good sized army, about 30 units and I'm fighting in small frontage region. For some reason my units don't fill out the frontage which gives the opponent an extra shot for free at the edges. I have units in the 2nd line that are legions. Why aren't they filling out the frontage? This is getting the units at the 2 edges killed and sometimes they are legions.

2. I have had some battles where the Italian Provincial are in the front line and my legions are in the 2nd line. Now, I get that legions aren't that effective in some regions. These battles were hills. Why are my legions on the 2nd row and a really weak unit is on the front? I lose the battle and the pursuit kills a number of my good units.

Actually, 3rd - How hard would it be to put in game the ability to set up your units the way you want in these battles?

Posted same question on Slitherine. Hope I'm not making some kind of post board faux pas.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Questions about battles NOT imported to FoG2...

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:10 am

1 - at a guess, are you bringing enough cavalry. The edge slots are cavalry only (4 in open terrain, 2 in hills and if I recall 8 in the desert). An infantry only army is going to be outflanked. You actually need more than 4 cavalry in case of losses (common in the early game)

2 - again guessing - are they damaged, if so the allocation routine would be trying to protect them?

3 - doubt it, and if so only in SP games. Otherwise it creates massive problems in running a MP game (the same issues that make integrating FoG2 into MP so hard)

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”