Ebbingford

City level and Food allocation

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:03 pm

I think there needs to be some way of restricting the redistribution of food within a province.
For Rome this is getting to be a problem.
I have about 140 turns still to go. Rome is at level 53 at present with a loyalty of 80. I have no pop in food production, yet I am gaining population every 5 turns.
I can't build any more loyalty helping buildings, I have built them all already.......
All my other provinces are fairly even in pop levels, it just seems Rome has a problem. The other regions of the province are gaining a level every 10-20 turns ish at present. It looks like lots of their food production is getting sent to Rome.
OK, I know historically that is what happens, but in this game it isn't going to work for Rome. The loyalty is going to go down to zero quite quickly.
Perhaps the amount of discontent produced by pop needs to be tweeked a tad, it looks like at the moment it is too high in higher level cities.

Ebbingford

Re: City level and Food allocation

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:31 pm

In this game I haven't built the Colliseum, Circus maximus, Royal Court and Palace Library, in Rome. The chance to build these was offered elsewhere before Rome. If these were restricted to the Rome region it would help.
My loyalty is going down by 8 every pop increase at present, if it carries on with Rome growing every 5 turns, then my loyalty by the end of the game is going to go down by a further 228 ish. Even building the Coliseum and Circus maximus in Rome only gives 120 loyalty.

Pocus

Re: City level and Food allocation

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:56 am

This comes from the capital region not having the food penalty on growth from others regions ... I can tweak that so the penalty remains, but lower.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”