vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

How do you reduce the administrative burden?

Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:05 pm

After returning to my game, once the new patch was active, I was stunned to find that I had an administrative burden that was more than twice my entire income, which had seemed huge.

I had enabled the option to play without the administrative burden, not realizing what a huge difference it would make, when I started the game. Now that option has been removed.

What can I do to reduce the administrative burden?

Pocus

Re: How do you reduce the administrative burden?

Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:24 am

The first thing to know is that AB is also heavily tied to your current money stockpile, so it might feel crushing if you have more than 10.000 gold, but it will recede under this level.

Then, there is no much to do for now, there is on purpose not yet a national modifier lowering it, it will be introduced later as a novelty.

As AM is tied to your physical nation size and the quality and quantity of buildings, it is more about biting the bullet and balancing your budget than anything else. It penalizes mostly medium to big advanced nations and is nothing to worry about if you are small or underdeveloped.

That's the perfect definition of an anti-snowballing mechanism :sourcil:

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Pocus wrote:The first thing to know is that AB is also heavily tied to your current money stockpile, so it might feel crushing if you have more than 10.000 gold, but it will recede under this level.

Then, there is no much to do for now, there is on purpose not yet a national modifier lowering it, it will be introduced later as a novelty.

As AM is tied to your physical nation size and the quality and quantity of buildings, it is more about biting the bullet and balancing your budget than anything else. It penalizes mostly medium to big advanced nations and is nothing to worry about if you are small or underdeveloped.

That's the perfect definition of an anti-snowballing mechanism :sourcil:

Thank you for the detailed explanation. It really helped me understand what is going on .

Ebbingford

Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:36 pm

I am playing as Rome in a campaign started with the new patch with this money mechanism in.
I don't think it is working as intended. If it is then it is all over the place.......And the tool tip is no help to the player to work out what he is going to have next turn.
I am on turn 186.
Two turns ago my money tooltip at the end of my turn, before I hit the end turn button, was 1208 (+70). I didn't take any options to change this, selling slaves, metal etc, or buying science advances.
When the turn processed it was saying 456 (-532). Shouldn't it have been about 1278 ish......
Played the next turn and it now says 0 (-654). Went back a turn and placed a load of my pop into commerce and where it was saying 456 (-532) it was now reading 456 (+122).
Hit end turn and it actually went down to 223 (-75).
I am am amazed that I have managed to get this far in the campaign, this AB function is like playing with a blind fold on, you don't know how much money you are going to have next turn at all.
The only way to build up 2000-4000 so you can pay for Legion upgrades, or scientific advances is by selling slaves and changing manpower to money, (Can't sell metal cos that is broken at the moment).
This is happening while I am "Glorious" as well when I should be getting a boost to income. The last turn I ran I was getting 3526 from taxation, my AB was -3568. Should it be this high????????

Ebbingford

Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:01 pm

I have another question regarding money :cool:
Some structures show an income, for example wood cutting. When I click on this in the region list it says it is giving 4 infastructure and 2 money.
Where does this money show in the main money tooltip?
Is it included in the regional commerce total part of the money tooltip?
When I open the commerce section for the region it is in it says I am getting 5 money for trading lumber, I take it this is what makes up the regional commerce total. Is the 2 money also included in this, so 7 is getting added to the main total???? Or does the 2 money show somewhere else.......

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:39 pm

I'd say not. The money in the building tooltip is the production values less any import price - it always assumes the lowest (ie import from your own region) even if a worse outcome (ie import from another faction) could happen.

The trade values in this instance are the income you then get from selling which is different (& in addition)

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”