vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

How do you deal with aging?

Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:50 pm

Having become a Glorious Roman Empire in a golden age, I have picked up two aging tokens in four turns. Now everything is going very well for the empire, which has a huge surplus in money, manpower, metal, is getting a lot of legacy points, does not have much decadence, has thirty regions getting legacy points due to high culture levels, has general loyalty of seventy, and is much stronger than all its enemies combined, and has conquered a lot of territory.

Some battles have been lost, and some regions re taken by the enemy, but these are just temporary setbacks, far outnumbered by victories and conquest.

I would appreciate any tips on how to slow or stop the aging process, and get rid of the token s I have. The manual is not very detailed on this.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: How do you deal with aging?

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:09 am

age tokens come from 2 main sources - being in the bottom CDR tier or losing objectives. There is a rare possibility that if you send a ridiculous diplomatic request you may lose one as a result (say ask for Rome to become a client state). Equally you may lose one if a region has -ve infra production and the building selected to fall down is a national or world wonder.

You shed them (or gain progress tokens) from 2 sources - take your objectives or the top tier of the CDR.

Your position on the legacy chart influences the % likelihood of actually getting an age/progress token see 8.2.4

Moving yourself around the CDR, see 8.1 for how both culture and decadence are generated and maybe the wider discussions in 17.1.2 and 17.2.5? Pocus' designer notes in 19.1 also give some hints and set out how the system was designed to work.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:45 pm

Thank you, Loki. That is very helpful.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:12 am

loki100 wrote:age tokens come from 2 main sources - being in the bottom CDR tier or losing objectives.
You shed them (or gain progress tokens) from 2 sources - take your objectives or the top tier of the CDR.
Your position on the legacy chart influences the % likelihood of actually getting an age/progress token

That's why I don't really care about objectives: I'll reach them in time, later, when I'm sure about securing them, as it's useless sacrifice anything for an objective we are not solid in keeping it.
So I rather sacrifice for my legacy, I never take any help which will reduce it, I prefer risking, even death.

Pocus

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:55 pm

An important note is that an objective is not only a progress token but also -20% on government age. So it is better to plan for that and take them when you have an old govt. And if you believe you can"t hold them all, then lose them when you just evolved...

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:14 pm

Pocus wrote:An important note is that an objective is not only a progress token but also -20% on government age. So it is better to plan for that and take them when you have an old govt. And if you believe you can"t hold them all, then lose them when you just evolved...

That is very helpful advice. Thank you, Pocus.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”