vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sicily was actuallly very fertile during this period. Change requested.

Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:34 pm

After conquering Syracuse and Agrigentum in Sicily, I was surprised to find that both regions had a fifty percent penalty to food production.

The Sicily of today has poor soil, but in ancient times the soil was some of the most fertile in the ancient world, and the island was the bread basket of Rome for a time, exporting huge amounts of grain. This soil was especially fertile around Syracuse,, and the central plain was also very fertile. This enabled Syracuse to support a huge population and to be one of the greatest cities in the ancient world.

This fact is recognized in The AGE series, where Syracuse can supply a large number of troops, which is especially apparent in the first Punic war scenarios.

I will also mention that though Syracuse fought the Carthaginians for hundreds of years, in many wars, they were never conquered by Carthage.

I respectfully request that the areas containing Syracuse and Agrigentum have the food penalty removed, and get a bonus to food production , which+ should be substantial.

This should enable Syracuse to be a more vital sate,for those who choose to play it.

I will say again how much i enjoy this great game.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Sicily was actuallly very fertile during this period. Change requested.

Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:27 pm

are you not just looking at the recently conquered malus?

I've found it pretty easy to build up the population there but it takes a few buildings to get it going

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:45 pm

loki100 wrote:are you not just looking at the recently conquered malus?

I've found it pretty easy to build up the population there but it takes a few buildings to get it going

Thank you for the information, Loki. Somehow, i was not aware of the recently conquered malus.

My apologies to all for the error.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:57 am

when reviewing a region, always check the indicators to the right of the name - can be good or bad but some are decisive ... like when you capture a non-objective non-shared ethnic region

other nasties are unrest/plague/recently raided

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:32 pm

Thanks for the tips, Loki. They are most useful.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”