ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Politics

Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:42 am

Do the engine have a political system? like leaders and units can have a political 'color', which could change with propaganda or other, a simplified hearts&minds feature.
In wargames usualy that's resume by the side we play and it's hard set for the game.

Don Powell
Sergeant

Re: Politics

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:12 pm

According to earlier replies, it seems that it will have this and the most involved development system in an AGEOD game since PON.

@ AGEOD Team - one thing you may want to consider is - the "presentation" of diplomatic / political actions and events.

I really like how the politics is handled in PON - but, it would feel a bit more "alive" if the negotiations brought a diplomat's portrait forward in an enlarged view and the proposition / response was couched in terms of real dialogue as opposed to the dry details shown in the new / events pane from earlier games.

Example for Political Response in FOGE : Some image of a Macedonian leader comes up and says something like : "The King has reviewed your proposal but fears your ambitions are a threat to our nation."

This is similar to the information you get in games like PON but not presented in such a "dry" way.

Just my 2 cents ....

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:24 pm

Thanks. However, for post-modern time games, I thought more about propaganda on people than diplomacy between kings.

Don Powell
Sergeant

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:06 pm

In PON, there is an overlay that shows different masks on the map with Content, Indifferent etc ....

Taxes, certain decrees for social reform, access to consumer goods etc can all influence those states.

However - I do like your idea of using propaganda to influence happiness in Rome.

The movie Gladiator made a good point - where it was shown that special events and spectacles could pacify the people and make them more loyal to the leader even when the overall status of the state may be poor.

Parades through the streets of Rome with captured prisoners from foreign wars is another example.

Perhaps such things will be reflected in Regional Decision Cards ?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:33 pm

one of the really interesting bits of gameplay is that keeping your population content - especially in big cities - can come at the cost of ....

well, just think of where the policy of 'bread and circuses' got Rome to in the end :cool:

So there are options to end major unrest in a significant urban centre but if you take them the locals get used to being pampered

Don Powell
Sergeant

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:44 pm

Good point - it's a Band-Aid - but does not stop the trend towards corruption / loss of national spirit.

I wonder if that will (or can) be modeled in the game?

I also wonder if a certain line of decrees could ultimately lead to the "moral" state that Octavian envisioned ?

In terms of long term national strength, morale for citizens and soldiers that would be preferable ....

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”