BlasdeMondragon
Conscript

PBEM Clarification

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:17 am

Hi All,

I'm trying a PBEM game for the very first time, and my friend and I are finding one aspect of the instructions a bit vague:

[b]"Host sends HST file to opponent:
The Hosting player now sends his opponent the HST file with the opponent’s designation (i.e. if you play the Swedish
Alliance, then send the SWA file to your opponent). The opponent must store this file in the folder named
WoSGame\WOS\Saves\. It is advisable to use subfolders to keep all PBEM games in progress separate. For example, the
opponent could save the HST file under the WoSGame\WOS\Saves\JohnVsJoe subfolder."
[/b]

After starting a game as host on the Grand Alliance side, I do indeed see the HST file, and also an ORD file for GAL. So So when it says "HST file with the opponent's designation," does it actually mean "send the HST file together with the ORD file marked for the side which you are playing as host?" (i.e. GAL if your opponent is playing the Bourbons?)."

Many thanks to anyone who can clarify!

Best,
Blas

Durk

Re: PBEM Clarification

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:59 am

Think of it this way. The hst file carries the game. The ord file carries the factions instructions for the turn.

Player play two ways:
1. Single host. In this instance the host sends the hst to the opponent so the opponent can create an ord and send it back to the host.
2. Shared hosting. In this instance the host sends the hst and ord file for the faction. The other player makes a move, executes the game and makes a new move. Then all files are sent to the first player for the next turn.

So send just the hst file if you are the host. Send the hst and ord if you are sharing the hosting duties.

BlasdeMondragon
Conscript

Re: PBEM Clarification

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:26 pm

Ok, many thanks Durk!

Return to “WSS Technical support / Aide technique”