Antonius67
Conscript

Ammunition from Cities, depots, fortifications?

Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:58 pm

The manual says that unbesieged level 2 (or +) cities, all fortifications, depots and unblockaded harbors generate full SCs, in proportion to the structure level. However, it seems to me that only harbors seem to generate and supply ammunition. I've had ammunition wagons waiting indefinitely in Oxford and they never replenish ammunition, and neither do units who are low on ammunition, despite being a big city with depot and fortifications.

Is this by design, or do the files need editing? I had a look at the structures files and it is clear which structures supply ammunition and which don't. Opening the same files in TYW shows that cities and depots in that game do produce ammunition. Am I understanding this correctly, or am I missing something?
Last edited by Antonius67 on Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nikel

Re: Ammunition from Cities, depots, fortifications?

Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:37 am

Unfortunately the developer of the game is not posting anymore in this forum.

He is the author of both games and the historic period is the same, so I guess should be the same conditions for both.

If you mod the game, could you post the files in this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=407&t=54080

Antonius67
Conscript

Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:35 am

Here's what I posted in the other thread:

I found theat cities, depots, and fortifications weren't supplying ammunition to my units and wagons, but harbours were. So I had a look at the structures files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\English Civil War\ECW\GameData\Structures and this backed up my observations. I compared these files with those in Thirty Years War, and noticed that in that game cities, depots and harbours were supplying ammunition, but not fortifications. So I decided to edit the files in ECW to match TYW, as both games cover the same era.

In 5-Depot.str:
FillAmmo = 2 (from 0)

In 6-City.str:
FillAmmo = 1 (from 0)

So now I have it so that cities, depots, and harbours supply ammunition, but fortifications still don't (I didn't want to make it too easy to get resupplied).

Nikel

Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:00 am

Great, thanks ;)

Return to “English Civil War”