Hobbes

Missing text

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Hi folks, I noticed in the Nasby campaign that London has two sets of missing strings: STC_NAM_RECRUITMENTCENTER and STC_NAM_REQUISITIONOFFICE3. In the other scenarios only STC_NAM_RECRUITMENTCENTER is missing, but the other scenarios use STC_NAM_REQUISITIONOFFICE or STC_NAM_REQUISITIONOFFICE2. So there is something wrong with both of the first two strings but after looking through most of the game files I can't identify the problem. Can anyone see it? I just thought I could make a quick fix - now it's bugging me!

I was going to post an image but how do you upload a file these days?

Thanks,
Chris

Hobbes

Re: Missing text

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:10 pm

I found the text was missing from LocalStrings_ECW.csv so just added it.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:36 pm

Oh yes so it does - playing as royalist, but it seemed ok as Parliament.

Can you tell me in more detail what you changed to what, and the effect if you don't do it?

Thanks

Hobbes

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:13 pm

I'm playing the main campaign as Parliament but I can see STC_NAM_RECRUITMENTCENTER rather than the text 'Recruitment Center' when I click on London. I happened to notice STC_NAM_REQUISITIONOFFICE3 was also missing at the start of the Naseby scenario. I just added both of these to the appropriate place in LocalStrings_ECW.csv.
I also noticed there was a space in the name for the 'REQUISITIONOFFICE 3' graphic where the 'REQUISITIONOFFICE2' graphic contains no space.

I'll test tonight to make sure it works.

EDIT: fix works fine.

Cheers,
Chris

Return to “English Civil War”