fanfan26
Conscript

Supply in ECW

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:48 pm

I am wondering, how inaccurate is manual in terms of supply rules. Manual says, that each supply level provide 5 supply, units can take supply from adjacement regions. I run testing and numbers doesn't add up. I tested stock movement between two turns and compared to expected stock movement (supply production - supply usage shall be movement in current stock). It is not the case and there are different changes in different turns evn with supply levels unchanges.
It looks to me, there are a random factors involved.

Manual says, there is 5 SC per fortification lvl, 10 SC per depot level etc. Game files indicates supplyprod for fort 0 and 4 for depot.

I wonder if anybody can explain supply system and what else in the game is different then decribed in game manual?

PS. Manual seems to be a just copy-paste from older AGEOD games :(

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Supply in ECW

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:20 am

Good point about the manual. It is clear that much of it is just pasted from Thirty Years War.

Hopefully the developers can clarify the supply contradiction you have mentioned.

Quirk
Lieutenant

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi,

never had a big supply problem in any Ageod game before, but in ECW something does not quite seem right. I have an army in Truro that consumes 44 supply per round. As I built a depot, the region should supply 14x5 supply points, but my army's supply pool does not fill up anymore and therefor the army is rendered useless. Same happens in Shrewburry, also built a depot with the hopes of getting enough supply to move out again, but it does not work. No idea if I am missing something....but even in the summer months, I am not able to do anything with those two armies.

On the other hand, I have Ruperts army in the North-East around hull, that also consumes around 50 sp per turn, but I can even lay siege to fortresses for several turns without a problem. Seems weird.

Leibst

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:33 pm

Maybe we should add more supply units at Truro, good point.
thanks

Quirk
Lieutenant

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Hello Leibst,

I do not think that it has to do with not enough supply carts, though I think it would make sense in Truro. I slowly should receive supply, but it just does not happen.

Return to “English Civil War”