Nikel

State of the game

Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:04 pm

Not many players for this game I guess, but perhaps enough to report and fix potential bugs if a talented modder appears to the rescue :niark:

So after 1.03a patch, do you know any bug?

Nikel

Re: State of the game

Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:11 pm

Bohémond, already fixed the WS problem:

Code: Select all

To fix the issue with captured war supplies not being added to War supply total amount ;

Go to ECW/settings
Open Gamelogic.opt
Look for
aseWSUorSteelinDB = 0
Change it to
aseWSUorSteelinDB = 1
Save and close.

Captured war supplies will be added properly for following battles.

Nikel

Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:13 pm

Bohémond again, and razed structures. But this is a bug or a feature?

Code: Select all

To avoid structures to be razed, you need to go to ;

ECW/GameData/Structures.

Open the structure file (.str) you want to modify.
Search for NoRazeLevel
Change 99 to 0.
Save and close.
Start a new session and check.
Last edited by Nikel on Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nikel

Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:20 pm

Bohémond again fixed the problem with leaders' promotions. Wait, do you mean there are not more modders? No, there are not :wacko:

But with the help of jack54 that posted a dropbox link, and still working.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjotds7qei4nl ... s.zip?dl=0

Thread discussion

viewtopic.php?f=407&t=52504&p=402982#p402982

Nikel

Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:34 pm

Hobbes' missing texts.

May you upload your fixed file?

Thread.

viewtopic.php?f=407&t=53226&p=403096#p403096

Durk

Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:01 am

This is a nice beginning. Let me collect my thoughts and experiences and see what I can add. I actually like this game a lot and a few tweaks will do wonders.

Kitano1314
Private

Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:46 pm

Hi, with regard to the missing texts mentioned in the Hobbes post i have also noticed that in the production tab of the Strategic Atlas there is a missing text for the Irish Royalists in the Replacement Pool section.

After following Hobbes' instructions to fix the Recruitment Centre and the Requisitions Office text, i worked out how to fix the Irish Royalist text which was actually totally missing from the LocalStrings_ECW file. Also in the Replacement Pool i changed Wales to Welsh Royalist which i thought was more in keeping with the other Royalist factions.

If anyone wants it i'd be happy to post the file with these four fixed texts for this great game.

Yours,
Marc.

Nikel

Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:03 pm

Yes, that is the reason of this thread ;)

Upload it.

Kitano1314
Private

Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:11 am

Hi,
here is the file with the text fixes :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7wckp7m81jpg ... 8Fzfa?dl=0

Download the file and drop it into: "Matrix Games/English Civil War/ECW/Settings" and overwrite the other file.

It fixes some text for some faction names in the Strategic Atlas and also fixes the Recruitment centre and Requisition Office situated in London on the main map.
Also fixed a little bit in tutorial 3 and also added some missing faction descriptions although unsure where these appear in-game.

I only know English so i could only fix the English texts but if anyone wants me to fix something in one of the other languages i could do it if you show me exactly how it should appear in the other languages used in the game.
Same goes for any more mistakes in the English text just post here if you spot some and i will fix it.

Durk

Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:51 am

Thank you. These work just as intended. Very nice.

Raghuveer290
Civilian

Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:36 am

already fixed

psanick
Private

Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:13 pm

Nikel wrote:Not many players for this game I guess, but perhaps enough to report and fix potential bugs if a talented modder appears to the rescue :niark:

So after 1.03a patch, do you know any bug?

Thanks very much for this post! After I discovered the AGEOD's games/engine, I have nearly all the games. It's really one of the best engines for strategic games for it's flavor and for the WEGO turns. I played all the games, the problem is that after some time I always comeback to play again and I have to find these sort of bug fixes. It's welcome to have one post with all of them.

Mods Can We have these stickie please? We need more of this on the others games too.

Antonius67
Conscript

Re: State of the game - Ammunition supply from structures

Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:31 am

I found theat cities, depots, and fortifications weren't supplying ammunition to my units and wagons, but harbours were. So I had a look at the structures files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\English Civil War\ECW\GameData\Structures and this backed up my observations. I compared these files with those in Thirty Years War, and noticed that in that game cities, depots and harbours were supplying ammunition, but not fortifications. So I decided to edit the files in ECW to match TYW, as both games cover the same era.

In 5-Depot.str:
FillAmmo = 2 (from 0)

In 6-City.str:
FillAmmo = 1 (from 0)

So now I have it so that cities, depots, and harbours supply ammunition, but fortifications still don't (I didn't want to make it too easy to get resupplied).

DianaHale
Civilian

Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:46 am

I often play this game with modilimitado apk, where do you guys usually play it?

Return to “English Civil War”