greenleader84
Conscript

Preventing the swedes from landing in Sjælland

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Before the patch I had a game, where Carl didnt land in sjælland, and I got to have Denmark keep up the war effort. Is this even possible in the new version of game? I tried a couple of playthourgs of early game, and the swedish invasion seems to be hardcoded into the game.

Regards

ned_for_sped
Conscript

Re: Preventing the swedes from landing in Sjælland

Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:50 am

It feels coded to me too, I've never had a game where Karl doesn't show up in Sjaelland, yet I've had several where he refuses to move from Karlskrona afterwards. Would be no surprise to learn that there's a script in there to help the Sweden AI with the fiddly naval landing mechanics, but it falls apart when it comes time to bring Karl to join the larger conflict in Lithuania or Ingria.

ned_for_sped
Conscript

Re: Preventing the swedes from landing in Sjælland

Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:49 am

In fact I can confirm that this is coded in, just ran a test game where Karl appeared outside in Praesto next to Copenhagen in May, the turn his force is supposed to unlock. I rolled the save back and loaded up Sweden April orders--sure enough, Karl's force is locked in Helsingborg with no fleet to carry him. I ran the turn again from the Russian side and he appeared in Praesto just the same.

The scenario is balanced around losing the Danes for the first years (especially their navy) but at least they can be brought back in later on.

Return to “Wars of Succession”