elxaime
General

Naval Interception

Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:54 pm

I am in a PBEM of WoS Grand Alliance v Bourbons campaign. I have noticed that, even though my British and Dutch battle fleets are in command, the naval interception order remains grey and cannot be chosen. The tool tip says you need a combat unit, but the stacks are full of battle squadrons. Is naval interception intentionally disabled for WOS? Or is this a possible bug?

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Re: Naval Interception

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:56 pm

I've had the same thing happen to me in TEAW. Try changing the posture to offensive (if it wasn't already), de-selecting the navy and selecting it again. Has worked for me.

elxaime
General

Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:26 am

Yes that seems to work. Change fleet to some form of offense. De-select. Then select again and you can choose naval interception.

BTW - has anyone figured out yet how the Spanish Treasure Fleet works? I understand in history the Anglo-Dutch actually intercepted it. But the manual says little and in order to figure out what to do its guesswork.

ned_for_sped
Conscript

Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:54 pm

I remember a thread where one of the devs said the treasure fleet operates best if left untouched, though you may need to send ships to defend it. It's been a while since I played the campaign so I can't remember the schedule.

If I can find an opponent I'd like to do an AAR of this campaign and get some of this stuff down on paper. WSS is criminally underplayed imo and there are few resources out there for anyone who's interested in the game but daunted by the learning curve.

elxaime
General

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:19 pm

I am happy to do the western campaign for an AAR...I can take Grand Alliance. Sent you pm

Return to “Wars of Succession”