marek1978
Colonel

replacemnts

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:16 pm

hey guys

i noticed it is really tough for me to keep up with a need to buy replacment and incease my army the same time

basicly waging war cost lives and i get that point

yet i was wondeirng whether i am doing it right

Correct me if i am wrong

What we see in the ledger with repecemnt screens is number of inf/cav/art/supply units elements that need refitting.

Meaning they need to replanished with fresh replacemnt chits.

chits are used in ratio 10/1 and to make a "red"element blue again i need a unit i depot and replacemnt in the pool ( 10 of them if i have around 100 of the missing)

or will the "red" elemnts become blue again just by staing in big city with depot and i should use my money rather on buying new units instead of buying replacemnt chits?

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Re: replacemnts

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:43 pm

Hits won't be replaced If you don't have correct replacements available. You should accept that your forces won't (and can't!) be at 100%. Just buy enough replacements. Also If some regiment is badly damaged, remove it from action until it has been refitted to avoid its destruction.

Also make use of the requisition and draft regional decisions and the extra tax option. Do keep in mind that contrary to the tooltip the tax option costs 1 NM, so don't spam it.

phoenix
Captain

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:16 pm

As I understand your question, and understand the mechanism, it's like this:
1. Hits to elements (as represented by the creeping red zone in the element icon in the element inspector window, for example) get replaced by you going all green away from the action.
2. However, if an element gets entirely eliminated (changes chevron colour in the unit icon in the bottom bar, disappears completely from the element inspector window) then you have to use replacement chits to get it back.
3. I believe you must be in a depot town for the replacement chits that you have made available to be allocated to the unit.

4. I also suspect that replacement chits have another function entirely - which is that completely new units (reinforcements) cannot be built (even if you've ordered them and they appear in the boxes on the production page) unless there are enough of the right kind of chit to feed into their construction.

Someone who knows better than me will no doubt be able to confirm whether any of this is correct?

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:44 pm

Lost hits don't get replaced simply by going all green, replacement requires available chits. There's a chance (10%?) that the chit is lost. A fully missing element uses the entire chit. The need for depots depends on your settings. And AFAIK replacement chits have nothing to do with units in recruitment, you've already paid their full cost.

phoenix
Captain

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:54 am

OK. Thanks. I was taking those details from a CW2 video. But maybe it was wrong - it did seem strange that chits would be needed to pay for new recruit building. But are you sure that lost hits (not entire replacements) can't get replaced simply by being green and out of the action?

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:54 am

I'm 99% sure. Haven't tested it, just assumed that it's the same it has been.

HHFD50
Captain

Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:11 am

Is there a way to replenish your ready reserves manually? How do you get reserves in the first place? How are they assigned as opposed to gaining recruits available each turn? Lastly, if you have 0 available reserves, can I request replacements anyway? Are they drawn from the general recruitment pool? What happens to those I request if not? Because it makes little sense to me that I have the manpower to recruit a new unit, but aren’t allowed to assign them to reinforce a shattered unit.

BlasdeMondragon
Conscript

Dutch Reserve Stacks

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Dear Friends,

Pardon the newbie question, but when the States General and England declare war on the Bourbons, two fairly large stacks appear, with the names "Holland Reserve" and "Nimegen Reserve." Are the regiments in those stacks somehow part of the replacement pool? Or can we distribute them to the Anglo-Dutch field armies for regular operations, without affecting automatic replacements?

Thanks again to the team at Ageod, for this fantastic game!

Very Best,
Blas

ned_for_sped
Conscript

Re: Dutch Reserve Stacks

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:06 am

BlasdeMondragon wrote:
Pardon the newbie question, but when the States General and England declare war on the Bourbons, two fairly large stacks appear, with the names "Holland Reserve" and "Nimegen Reserve." Are the regiments in those stacks somehow part of the replacement pool? Or can we distribute them to the Anglo-Dutch field armies for regular operations, without affecting automatic replacements?

No, these stacks have nothing to do with replacements, each is just a regular stack with a confusing name. Feel free to split them up and distribute their forces or send them into battle as you see fit. If you're playing with historical attrition, you'll need to buy replacements for these regiments anyway so they might as well be actively working for you!

Return to “Wars of Succession”