pantsukki
Brigadier General

Why is the AI able to march through locked territory?

Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:05 pm

With the new patch this problem still exists: the AI is able to move through provinces that are locked and at least inaccessible to the player. For example immediately during the first turn in GNW AI Denmark marches forces through Hamburg.

marek1978
Colonel

Re: Why is the AI able to march through locked territory?

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:51 pm

Yes, thats true...

Saxon, polish russian and swedish armies can walk through central germany freely, they can move from leipzig to hamburg

Very gamey thing

PhilThib

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:18 am

pantsukki wrote:With the new patch this problem still exists: the AI is able to move through provinces that are locked and at least inaccessible to the player. For example immediately during the first turn in GNW AI Denmark marches forces through Hamburg.

OK we shall see if we can reproduce this, as the AI has no specific rules for this and should not be able to do forbidden things. Did you notice if the AI took any diplomatic option?

marek1978
Colonel

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:20 am

PhilThib wrote:
pantsukki wrote:With the new patch this problem still exists: the AI is able to move through provinces that are locked and at least inaccessible to the player. For example immediately during the first turn in GNW AI Denmark marches forces through Hamburg.

OK we shall see if we can reproduce this, as the AI has no specific rules for this and should not be able to do forbidden things. Did you notice if the AI took any diplomatic option?

well not really.

When England and Holland intevene on Swedis Side its territory becomes accesible for all sides.

So both sides can march trhough it.

I wonder if it really valid. In real life both Sweden and Saxony were considering moving through central Germany yet they resigned as political cost was supposed to be to big ( with England and Emperor opposing it)

So maybe it sgould be possible but as an option, with heavy price and possibility of trigering foreign intervention ( like Prusian intervention aganst the side that used that option)

PhilThib

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:58 pm

Interesting suggestion indeed :indien:

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Now there are Saxon units all the way in Hamburg (September 1700). If I'm reading the map correctly they should not be able to march there from Saxony?

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:03 pm

It's now January 1701 and I loaded the save as the Anti-Swedish coalition, and unlike for me as Sweden, Hamburg is shown as an accessible province. Furthermore, there's a route for the AI from Saxony to Holstein through Braunschweig that is blocked for me as Sweden.

PhilThib

Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:46 am

It's probably some wronged values of relations between minors...according to the files I checked, AI could NOT go through Brandenburg/Prussia (relations value is 10, which does not permit crossing) but it seems it can enter Hessen, Braunschweig, Hannover and HRE (which would allow Saxons to reach Denmark, although with a detour) because of value of 20+ with those...will ask them to fix that :papy:

Liberty Bell
Captain

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:42 am

Great :)

Return to “Wars of Succession”