phoenix
Captain

fleets and distant unload

Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:14 am

So I see from experiment that it's possible to load a fleet, select distant unload, select the destination province, route the fleet to that province then route it immediately back to a port (NOT the port it started from) and the entire sequence can be carried out (depending on distances etc) in one turn. The fleet will sail, drop off the army then move to the new port.

My question is - is there anyway it can be routed back like this to its originating port? The problem is that dropping a fleet stack back on the originating port is the game code used to cancel the entire route. So I take a fleet in Karlskrona, for example, select distant unload, select target province in Denmark, load it with soldiers, plot a route to the target province in Denmark, plot a route back to Malmo - and all this will take place in one turn - the fleet will leave, drop off the men, end up in Malmo. But if I do all that and try to get the fleet back to Karlskrona then the game simply cancels the entire route. Is there a way round this?

Thanks.

Durk

Re: fleets and distant unload

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:18 am

I have never done what you explain about ships and unload and moving away; however, try what works with land units so they can march and return to their home.
Hold the shift key as you move.

phoenix
Captain

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:19 pm

Thanks! Will try it.

phoenix
Captain

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:21 pm

That worked. Thanks again.

Return to “Wars of Succession”