aalb1970
Conscript

Naval transportation: Multiple stacks in the same turn possible?

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:25 pm

Is it possible to load and unload multiple stacks in the same turn, i.e. ferrying multiple stacks from a port to the same or different destinations?

The reason why I ask is as follows:

In the GNW scenario Sweden can eliminate Denmark from the Anti-Swedish Coalition by having Charles XII and at least 100 line elements in the Denmark area. I want to move those 100 elements to Denmark as fast as possible in order to free Charles' army and counter the russian and polish offensive in the Baltic Theater.

However Sweden does not have enough naval transport capacity to load and unload all 100 elements at once. It only takes 4-5 days to load a stack and another couple of days to unload it. So in theory it should be possible to move 2-3 stacks from Sweden to Denmark in the same turn, but I don't see how you can do this in the game.

Historically Denmark was eliminated from the Coalition in august 1700, but this isn't possible in the game unless there's a way to speed up naval transportation.

Any suggestions? And is it even possible?

I apologize in advance if this has been asked before.

Best regards,
Anders

PhilThib

Re: Naval transportation: Multiple stacks in the same turn possible?

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:08 pm

Don't think it is possible...

So may be build more transports right from start :papy:

aalb1970
Conscript

Re: Naval transportation: Multiple stacks in the same turn possible?

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:08 pm

PhilThib wrote:Don't think it is possible...

So may be build more transports right from start :papy:

Thanks, that was what I thought :-( I still find it odd that you can load and transport an entire stack from Southern Sweden all across the Baltic Sea to Kronstadt in just 14 days, but you can only transport one stack across Oresund in one month. It doesn't make any sense.

Producing new naval transports is not really an option since they take 180 days to build.

Return to “Wars of Succession”