Searry
Colonel

Event spawned armies must cost EP

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:20 pm

So we get the army going for the Gibraltar, and Catalonia etc. I hope these would cost EP so I can plan when the invasion occurs. Now it feels dumb and overpowered to get free armies against the Bourbons. This game needs to get more balanced in more ways.

PhilThib

Re: Event spawned armies must cost EP

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:24 am

You can suggest costs if you wish :indien:

Searry
Colonel

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:36 pm

100 for both Gibraltar and Valencia. The troops spawned are so massive it needs that big cost.

Lysimaque
Corporal

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:34 pm

Searry wrote:So we get the army going for the Gibraltar, and Catalonia etc. I hope these would cost EP so I can plan when the invasion occurs. Now it feels dumb and overpowered to get free armies against the Bourbons. This game needs to get more balanced in more ways.

Seriously, Allied Army arrived automaticelly in Catalogna and Gibraltar? No need to disembark them, no need to prepare our plan before?

Pffff, sooo disapointed, i hate so much this scripted stupid system where army pop up by historical decisions. That why ACW2 was so great, you build your army, with your generals, you send it where you want by yourself? You want make a disembarkment in New Orlean, you do it by yourself. The fact Catalugna come to Allied could be simulated by the game itself, no need have scripted mechanism.

PhilThib

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:31 am

Searry is speaking of AI events, not about players... players receive reinforcements, and then it's up to them to do what they want with them. Event if the game tells you you'd better use them as historically done

Nikel

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:30 am

There should be scenarios designed to PBEM and others to be played solo with this kind of AI helping events.

Lysimaque
Corporal

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:24 pm

Nikel wrote:There should be scenarios designed to PBEM and others to be played solo with this kind of AI helping events.

Agree, would be very good . A scripted scenario and a non scripted for pebm.

HHFD50
Captain

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:36 am

I’d like to add that when the Allied armies spawn, and they are big, a descent sized French fleet becomes available with a small expeditionary force in Toulon to be used to retake Gibraltar. Well I hate to say but that force has no hope at all in recapturing Gibraltar on it’s own. In fact, you actually have to LAND directly on Gibraltar instead of on an adjacent hex (like Cadiz) and walk in. In fact, Gibraltar is not accessible at all by land in this game, as opposed to WoN where it is. This event chain makes the game quite unbalanced imo.

PhilThib

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:04 am

HHFD50 wrote:In fact, Gibraltar is not accessible at all by land in this game, as opposed to WoN where it is.

Wrong. This is exactly the same as in WON....because of the terrain, some units are restricted there in non-clear weather (especially cavalry and all wheeled units), but if weather is fair, everyone can march in...and even in poor weather infantry can march in too. :papy:

Return to “Wars of Succession”