vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Graphics request as to the map

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:38 am

The screenshots shown some time ago are beautiful, and evoke the kind of map that so many of us AGEOD fans know and love.

Please keep this map design, and please do not make it drab, as in the style of ECW.

The beauty and features of the maps are very important to the immersion factors in these games.

PhilThib

Re: Graphics request as to the map

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:50 am

The map is set for WSS and will remain in the many colours scheme you like.

As for ECW, I personally like the map which is in the 17th century spirit..the only issue IMHO is that it is slightly too big and the counters and sprite seem lost among it, but at least this is very easy to manipulate.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Graphics request as to the map

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:57 pm

PhilThib wrote:The map is set for WSS and will remain in the many colours scheme you like.

As for ECW, I personally like the map which is in the 17th century spirit..the only issue IMHO is that it is slightly too big and the counters and sprite seem lost among it, but at least this is very easy to manipulate.

Well, you have made me very happy about this game, and I promise to buy it as soon as it is available. Then, that is what I always do when an Ageod game is released.

As for ECW, i respect your preference, and I can see that some people might like the idea of a game map looking somewhat like a period map. Obviously, I do not share that liking.

My viewpoint is that the maps of past Ageod games, in particular PON and WON, are quite beautiful for me, and invoke the period and its feel far more than something that looks like a period map. And I do enjoy the bright colors based on the real terrain. I will never forget marching into Afghanistan with those huge mountains towering over my troops, making them seem so insignificant, or the green hell of Indochina, or the emptiness of the Sahara, in PON or searching for the enemy in the dense German forests in WON, but I digress.

Thanks as always for taking time when you are so busy to answer this, and best of luck with the new game we will learn about in September!

Return to “Wars of Succession”