marek1978
Colonel

So.... When? When is the game comming?

Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:33 pm

I was wondering how are the things going on?

jackjack
Conscript

Re: So.... When? When is the game comming?

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:33 am

Seconded, I'm excited about this one!

PhilThib

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:16 am

Game is coming out this fall. A second round of beta testing will start soon :indien:

TWC
Sergeant

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:58 am

PhilThib wrote:Game is coming out this fall. A second round of beta testing will start soon :indien:
(TWC) The Wargaming Club
http://thewargamingclub.online/

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:29 pm

PhilThib wrote:Game is coming out this fall. A second round of beta testing will start soon :indien:

I am glad that it has not been abandoned. I am really fascinated by this subject, both of the wars covered are vital, and have never been done by Ageod before.

Well, I will telly myself that the fall is not that far off.

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:29 am

Eager and waiting this is an interesting conflict

lrb1965
Civilian

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:45 pm

any more updates on the release date? it is Fall where I am...

PhilThib

Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:42 pm

The release calendar is not yet finalized, because we have a lot of games and there are very few slots to accept the game, but for sure it's coming...if all goes well it will be before Xmas....if all goes bad, right after.... :sherlock:

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:27 am

Lots of games hey ??? which ones ?!

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Yes, Please do tell us something about the new games. It is almost the end of September, and we have heard nothing about the game with the new system except that it will not have firearms.

The wait is starting to get excruciating!

Pocus

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:35 am

As Philippe says, there is War of Spanish Successions coming before Christmas, if things go well. For the other new game with the Archon engine, that will be in 2018. I hope that marketing will soon allow us to tell you more about this.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:19 pm

I hope so too because the forum is dying as you know.. Some diehards who still play AJE or other games still come, but many many true longterm customers and fans pop by less and less... Sure forum activity isn't important per se, and I sometimes wonder if you wouldn't be better off just merging your forum in the Matrix one... but still it keeps the interest up.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:34 pm

veji1 wrote:I hope so too because the forum is dying as you know.. Some diehards who still play AJE or other games still come, but many many true longterm customers and fans pop by less and less... Sure forum activity isn't important per se, and I sometimes wonder if you wouldn't be better off just merging your forum in the Matrix one... but still it keeps the interest up.

Veji is right about the forum activity. I have never seen the forum this dead, not in over ten years.

The situation is that the team is totally busy with developing the new game system, which means that greatly desired improvements to other games that need them, such as Wars Of Napoleon, are not being done, because there are no resources to work on them. Further patching and improvements to PON, which needs them, are no longer possible, for the same reason.

And you are not allowed to help build enthusiasm for the new game system because marketing will not let you?

And the publication of Wars of Succession, which sounds like an amazing game which could really kindle interest and activity, is being delayed apparently because Matrix wants to publish other games first?

If the game is ready, delaying it is misguided. It needs to to be published as soon as possible, not maybe sometime before Christmas.

Wars of Succession was originally supposed to come out last spring.

There is more than one way for a game company to wither away, and I fear that the current situation is having that effect. When you do not have important new patches or DLC or exciting new games to discuss, with info from the developers, this happens.

That said, I strongly disagree that this forum be ended and merged with the Matrix forums. That would do even more to reduce interest in all things Ageod.

I respectfully request that you consider letting marketing, or someone, know the situation, and how your long term fans are desperate for new information, to keep up our interest.

shotgunfacelift
Corporal

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:23 pm

I agree with the above.

And do not forget how hard it is to create an account on this forum in the first place...
Some new user bothered to share his experience on that some time ago.

This new forum is completely dull anyway. I remember the old one had a lot of cool features, like special stuff for beta testers etc etc

Hopefully the new engine will make Ageod games more stable, necessitating less game correction. Which is I guess not the most fun part for a game dev.

At this stage it is very frustrating to see that even some legacy patches leave the games riddled with crashes...

PhilThib

Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:46 pm

I will post here soon some information about Wars of Succession... the beta is progressing well and the game looks promising. Waiting can be long, but it is not like if the game was postponned for a year or more...we are talking weeks here.

I plan also to help the dev team of the game with a tutorial video. That's something that could be displayed too.

Will relay your comments to Marketing guys though in all cases :gardavou:

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:00 pm

PhilThib wrote:I will post here soon some information about Wars of Succession... the beta is progressing well and the game looks promising. Waiting can be long, but it is not like if the game was postponned for a year or more...we are talking weeks here.

I plan also to help the dev team of the game with a tutorial video. That's something that could be displayed too.

Will relay your comments to Marketing guys though in all cases :gardavou:

Greetings, Philippe.

This is all very good news, and relieves my worries of WOS appearing late next year, if at all. Weeks is a lot easier to deal with than months.

If you can post that tutorial video, it would generate immediate life and interest on this forum.

I thank you for informing the marketing people of how we feel about their approach. I am sure they have good intentions, but I believe their approach is far less effective in generating interest than what Ageod has done in the past, which was to announce the name and subject of the game early, and add a few details, which was enough to get us very excited about the game, and to post about it. There is no reason why the name and subject of the new system game which is taking all of your time cannot be announced, especially now.

I also hope they are aware of how ridiculously difficult it is to register on this forum, as mentioned by Shogunfacelift. A few months ago, it demanded a new account from me, and I found it impossibly difficult, and gave up. Fortunately, the next time I tries to enter the forum, it let me in with my old account, which had never been cancelled. Hopefully they will make it much easier.

Regards,

Vaalen

phoenix
Captain

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:08 am

Just wondering, following on from a comment above - is this game to have the 'NEW' engine we've heard (so little) about? or is it still the old engine?

Cheers,

PhilThib

Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:35 pm

Old engine, but streamlined and simplified (proven) gameplay

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:32 pm

When will this game be released?

I know I have asked this before, but time continues to march on, and I would really like to know.

As would so many of us.

nlancier
Lieutenant

Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:22 pm

Huzzah! :dada:
Pocus wrote:As Philippe says, there is War of Spanish Successions coming before Christmas, if things go well. For the other new game with the Archon engine, that will be in 2018. I hope that marketing will soon allow us to tell you more about this.

PhilThib wrote:The release calendar is not yet finalized, because we have a lot of games and there are very few slots to accept the game, but for sure it's coming...if all goes well it will be before Xmas....if all goes bad, right after.... :sherlock:
GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:32 pm

So I assume "marketing guys" have taken the whole team hostage right ?

PhilThib

Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:13 pm

Yes indeed...joke aside, no, the game should release within the coming weeks, very very soon :dada: :fleurs:

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Cool, thanks for the news.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:41 am

In honestly don't understand how could the game be released in the coming weeks and no further info/screenshot/feature explanation be given here since then. It's really frustrating tbh, and it makes us fans sound lik whiny sissies which is even more frustrating.

PhilThib

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:43 pm

I believe the guys in charge were just overwhelmed with work, Matrix is releasing almost a game each week, so that keeps the team rather busy.

Screenshots and data was supplied by the devs last week, I believe they shall show up soon :papy:

nlancier
Lieutenant

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:33 pm

http://www.ageod.com/news/2482/Wars.of. ... nuary.25th

First half of XVIII° century. There’s no peace over Europe.

After the great struggles of the Thirty Years War ending in 1648 with the Cuius Regio Eius Religio principle, two major conflicts are about to turn to pieces the Old Continent.

On one hand, the French & Spanish Bourbons monarchs are gathering their forces against the Grand Alliance built by Austrian Habsburg, Britain and the United Provinces, fighting to inherit the leadership of the Spanish Empire.

On the other corner of Europe, a coalition of Danes, Saxons, Poles and Russians led by the famous Peter I The Great is trying to deal a mortal blow to the Kingdom of Sweden and to switch the balance of power in this region. But the young and military-gifted king Charles the XII of Sweden will fight with tooth and nails to defend its realm.

We are very proud to announce that Wars of Succession, the upcoming operational wargame by Ageod, has reached the final development stage and it will be released on January, 25th!

Heavily focused in managing the military operations, in Wars of Successions you will coordinate the movements of several armies of many different great powers and their allies, take care of their supplies and fatigue and seek for the better conditions to engage combat, hold sieges or retreat to recover if needed.

Together, these features, combined with the proven Ageod engine make Wars of Successions a great choice to delight players interested in this era!

Stay tuned for further announcements about Wars of Succession! Check its product page here to see the latest updates and features!
GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

Return to “Wars of Succession”