vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

When is the release date?

Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:41 pm

I must confess, it is hard to wait for this game. Both of these conflicts are fascinating, and i am eager to play them.

Even an estimate would help.

Thanks,

Vaalen

PhilThib

Re: When is the release date?

Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:10 am

Most likely next Spring, as we want to really have it thoroughly tested and balanced; to avoid any criticism on "unfinished" product :laugh:

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:36 am

PhilThib wrote:Most likely next Spring, as we want to really have it thoroughly tested and balanced; to avoid any criticism on "unfinished" product :laugh:

Well, I understand why you feel that way. But you will probably get complaints that the game is taking too long. But not from me. Thanks for the estimate. I will just have to wait. But my birthday is in the spring, and the release of this game would be a fantastic present.

In the meantime, I will have to content myself with PON, Thirty Years War, the AJE series, RUS gold, maybe TEAW, and a few short scenarios of WON. I will survive.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:20 pm

I started this thread over a year ago.

Still we do not know the release date, or estimated release date.

So I will ask again.

When will this game come out?

PhilThib

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Join the beta and you will know :siffle: :sourcil: :mdr:

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:45 am

Philthib, this is a poor answere and you know it. We might sound a bit like whiny all hags, but at heart we are customers who are genuinely interested in your games and who have done our bit to help make them better and spread the word on how good they were, when they were really good. I have no doubt that I got a good 8 to 10 people to buy AACW over the years by explaining how much of a gem this was.

Despite the disappointments in later years with games that were either a relooking of older games (CWII) or simply totally overmatched by what you try to have them do (WON), we still come because we still want to find again the enjoyment your earlier games gave.

You can just tell us that the development is taking longer than expected, or that you don't know for sure, etc...

PhilThib

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:45 am

I was just joking (see the icons), and I had already answered before and above that release was planned in Spring... the date is yet unset, as it depends on talk(s) with Steam which I don't handle, my guess being that it will be very very early in Spring (even end of winter) than later. I would say February

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Cool, thanks for the answer, looking forward to more info when you can on game features and such.

RichG
Conscript

Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:05 pm

That'll be spring 2021 then :D

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:35 pm

[quote="PhilThib"]I was just joking (see the icons), and I had already answered before and above that release was planned in Spring... t

I did not ignore your previous answer to this thread, but I think you overlooked which spring was referred to.

The spring referred to in your previous answer was the spring of 2017.

Your latest answer, in another thread, had been "before Christmas," if things go well. Obviously, things did not go well.
Next spring, however, is a better answer, because you have explained what is holding things up.

I might add that I do not blame you or Pocus for the delay. I wish you guys the best.

PhilThib

Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:46 am

Thanks. May be you guys are aware of the plethora of games releasing on Steam (last September, there were 72 games in the single same day !!!)....finding the right slot is becoming a nightmare :bonk:

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:53 am

That must be so frustrating. I hope this nightmare will end early next year.

BuckTurgidson
Private

Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:00 pm

Orson Wells: "They shall release no game before its time."

nlancier
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:15 pm

Thanks... :sourcil:
PhilThib wrote:Most likely next Spring, as we want to really have it thoroughly tested and balanced; to avoid any criticism on "unfinished" product :laugh:
GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

BuckTurgidson
Private

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:45 pm

nlancier wrote:Thanks... :sourcil:

I wholeheartedly agree.

Return to “Wars of Succession”