Gribeauval
Sergeant

Better explanation of the simple supply system

Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:15 pm

You want to make this game simpler than the Wars of Napoleon game and you have chosen to use simple supply system.

I don't think that the simple supply system is easier than the classic supply system with the depots' chain.
I don't succeed in keeping my forces supplied in BOA2 for instance. I don't know what size must have my army to be correctly feed in some areas.

Could you update the game manual and introduce examples of supply situations ?
" I have an army of 30000 men , will it be supplied in a city of size 6 ?? How many full supply wagons does it need to be supplied during 2 turns in a civilized region ? Etc "

Some Ageod games contain fixed supply sources (magazines). Could you also give examples of their use in the game manual ?
Can a wagon (mobile supply unit) be refilled when it is in the same stack as magazine (fixed supply unit) ?

Regards.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Better explanation of the simple supply system

Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:44 pm

True, the wagons system is indeed simpler to manage for the engine, less calculations, etc.. but sometimes one isn't sure whether he has enough or not..

Wiggum
Lieutenant

Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:42 pm

Totally agree, that's a problem of TYW too, currently its basically just trial & error.

Ebbingford

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:58 pm

No trial or error about it.
If a region is showing a supply level of 5, then it will give 25 supply to units.
As a rough rule of thumb you take the supply level that shows for the region and times it by 5 to get how much supply is available to units.
Units can also take supply from the neighbouring regions if they are controlled.

Wiggum
Lieutenant

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:14 pm

Ebbingford wrote:No trial or error about it.
If a region is showing a supply level of 5, then it will give 25 supply to units.
As a rough rule of thumb you take the supply level that shows for the region and times it by 5 to get how much supply is available to units.
Units can also take supply from the neighbouring regions if they are controlled.

And how do i see how much supply each stack consumes in each turn ?

Ebbingford

Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:13 am

Select the stack then hold your mouse over the the icon in the right hand bottom corner of the screen that is the one under the envelope. It looks like a pot over a camp fire, the tooltip will tell you how much the stack uses per turn. It also tells you how much you have.

Durk

Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:11 am

Gribeauval wrote:You want to make this game simpler than the Wars of Napoleon game and you have chosen to use simple supply system.

I don't think that the simple supply system is easier than the classic supply system with the depots' chain.

Some Ageod games contain fixed supply sources (magazines). Could you also give examples of their use in the game manual ?
Can a wagon (mobile supply unit) be refilled when it is in the same stack as magazine (fixed supply unit) ?

Regards.

Players need to know that depot chains were not invented until Napoleon came onto the scene. This was his major innovation which allowed him to work far from his base.

Wagon supply is actually essential in 'simple supply.' It draws supply from the region it is in and from adjacent regions. Simple supply does use supply magazines, but they are fixed not part of a chain. The difference is they increase the supply of that region, only. This is important and can be helpful.

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:08 pm

Thanks for your explanations, Durk and Ebbingford.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:40 pm

Durk wrote:
Gribeauval wrote:You want to make this game simpler than the Wars of Napoleon game and you have chosen to use simple supply system.

Regards.

Players need to know that depot chains were not invented until Napoleon came onto the scene. This was his major innovation which allowed him to work far from his base.

Wagon supply is actually essential in 'simple supply.' It draws supply from the region it is in and from adjacent regions. Simple supply does use supply magazines, but they are fixed not part of a chain. The difference is they increase the supply of that region, only. This is important and can be helpful.

Very nice and clear explanation. Thank you, Durk.

I will add that empty wagons will draw supply from the region you are in, which can cause your troops to go hungry faster as the wagons seem to get supplied first. It is essential to get empty wagons out of enemy regions where your army is, and get them to a magazine where they can fill up without compromising your supply situation. Shuttling wagons will be a key to staying supplied, especially in the War of the Spanish Succession.

Return to “Wars of Succession”