Offworlder
Brigadier General

A few quick questions as the Bourbons...

Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:21 pm

Really enjoying the game but I got 2 questions regarding the Bourbons. They are formidable and even the semi decent generals and admirals can become decent generals with victories... So -

1) how does one activate the Brabant option?

and

2) how does one invade Gibraltar? I can't march my army there nor can I land one from the sea. So how about getting there?

Thanks in advance!

Offworlder
Brigadier General

Re: A few quick questions as the Bourbons...

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:12 pm

Anyone?

BTW how does one trigger Rastatt because I managed to conquer Vienna in 1710 but nothing happened....

Offworlder
Brigadier General

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:37 pm

Ok managed to trigger the Treaty of Rastatt but the game just kept going on an usual. Is this WAD?

Francescopgg
Corporal

Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:38 pm

For now, it's not possible to activate the Line of Brabant, it's a know bug, same as for the Treaty of Rastatt; I don't know if it's a problem just for some players of it's a bug for everyone

For Gibraltar: you can go there just with infantry, not cavalry nor supply trains (now I don't remember if artillery could go)

Nikel

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Just a suggestion.

If you have saves files with the bugs perhaps somebody will fix them? :siffle:

Offworlder
Brigadier General

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:33 am

Thank you for your replies. BTW, do the colonial areas and central Italy ever become accessible during the game?

Francescopgg
Corporal

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:36 pm

at present, neither the colonial areas nor central Italy become accessible ever.
Nikel, I don't you if you were speaking to me or Offworlder, but I had posted save files with bugs (line of Brabant never firing, duplicate Duchy of Savoy army, more concessions to Prussia never firing).
I'm patiently waiting but I have no hurry, I've just discovered BoA2! :coeurs: :D

Nikel

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:53 pm

Yes, I remeber this thread. But Bedmar was not alone, was he?

viewtopic.php?f=408&t=52368&p=397928#p397928

Anyway with PhilThib and Altaris gone, the game is unsupported.

Only Bohemond can fix broken items in Ageod games files. If he wills to do it as a volunteer.

Offworlder
Brigadier General

Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:14 pm

Francescopgg wrote:at present, neither the colonial areas nor central Italy become accessible ever.
Nikel, I don't you if you were speaking to me or Offworlder, but I had posted save files with bugs (line of Brabant never firing, duplicate Duchy of Savoy army, more concessions to Prussia never firing).
I'm patiently waiting but I have no hurry, I've just discovered BoA2! :coeurs: :D

That's a real pity! Admittedly central Italy remained untouched by the war, but the colonial areas were involved in the war as far as I know, although not on a massive scale. The numerous marine regiments available to the Bourbons would be quite useful then - now I only tend to use them to invade Ireland and the UK....

BTW BoA2 is a gem....enjoy! :)

DVX
Civilian

Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:42 pm

I completely agree. It's a real shame that the colonial areas are inaccessible and untouched by either events or decisions. Although they didn't play as large a role as they would in the Seven Years War, there was still the capture of Port Royal in Acadia, the failed campaign against Québec, Iberville's capture of Nevis, Dugay-Trouin's raid against Rio de Janiero, and lots of privateering battles and raids along the frontiers.

If the developers or a dedicated fan with some coding savoir-faire would remedy this with a patch or mod I would be eternally grateful!

Return to “Wars of Succession”