vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:26 pm

That would be Google. No points for you this turn.

Glad to hear you are liking it.

zooter
Captain

Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:34 pm

serious would like to download the new version. Where on Google can I find it? Yes very diff from Vanilla. Thumbs up!

picaron

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm

The mod is for 17/02 betsa patch version, The last beta patch is the 24/03 one. The changes beetween beta pachs are significant. Is the mod going to be updated with the last beta patch ?

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

zooter
Captain

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:11 pm

Could you tell me where on google I can load the updated vr.
Thanks.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:26 pm

The first post of this thread has the link. I'll post all updates to there.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:49 pm

Most of the changes are engine related. The MOD is current through March 11th Patch, though it's showing Feb date. There's a field within the settings file that needs to be updated and why Pocus forgot to update that field when he posted the March 24th Patch.

Tomorrow or Sunday, I'll reapply the changes to the mod and post a new version

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:02 pm

A new release has been deployed. The link is in the first post of this thread.

Changes
- Incorporates March 24th Patch
- Increases conscript production
- Fixes a few event errors
- Add commands to force AI to build out INF/CAV rather than tons of artillery. This will be my first step in improving the overall AI

zooter
Captain

Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:12 pm

How do you dissolve the HRE and where on Google can I download the new version? Played thru 1805, very interesting, very different then the original game. Battle results in large battles is very long.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:39 pm

HRE is automatically dissolved when the Rhineland Confederation is formed. Rhineland may be formed after Pressburg Treaty. Rhineland costs 4000 money and 400 EP so you will need to save for it. Rhineland will give full control to France over Baden, Bavaria, Berg, Nassau, Hessen, Brunswick.

Yes, the turns are slower. There's a reason why AGEOD has very short and very bloody battles. It makes for shorter turn times with less rolling. I've reduced damage done and cohesion done, so there's more combat rounds and engine runs slower. Nothing I can do about that. You might want to turn the battle animations/error logging off and see what affect that has as the engine can kick out megabyte files in terms of error/battle logging.

In spite of my efforts to lower the damage/cohesion and the increased battle times, suddenly losses are very high. I'm not sure what changed, but it wasn't my model changes. We've been play testing my model changes for months now and casualties seemed more historical. Suddenly, they are very high now. It could be the high stacking in multi-player games and it wasn't noticed versus the AI. It could be that something changed in the engine. Not sure what yet.

Here's the link and it's in the first post of this thread.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1VBqPyH7SaJclNLYzVILUR4Sjg&usp=sharing

DrDestouches
Conscript

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:19 pm

Getting an error ULocalize.LoadLocalStrings, file not found....

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:46 pm

Bad installation. Most likely within c:\program files\games\wars of napoleon (or wherever you have installed game)

You have ED/ED in the directory structure. You should only have 1 ED

So

c:\program files\games\wars of napoleon\ed\settings
c:\program files\games\wars of napoleon\ed\events
c:\program files\games\wars of napoleon\ed\gamedata

etc.

DrDestouches
Conscript

Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:50 pm

vicberg wrote:Bad installation. Most likely within c:\program files\games\wars of napoleon (or wherever you have installed game)

You have ED/ED in the directory structure. You should only have 1 ED

So

c:\program files\games\wars of napoleon\ed\settings
c:\program files\games\wars of napoleon\ed\events
c:\program files\games\wars of napoleon\ed\gamedata

etc.

Yes that's what it was. Fixed now, thanks, and thanks for putting in the effort for the mod.

Hyroda
Sergeant

Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:56 pm

i did installed it yet,..without any problems couldnt await to start a new game,... thumbs up for modding Team,...

Fernando M.
Conscript

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:55 pm

My internet in Brazil is too much slow to download everything at once... Could you anyday make a two or three parts version?

Fernando M.
Conscript

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:57 pm

My internet is too much slow to download everything at once... Could you anyday make a two or three parts version?

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:46 pm

Ok, I'll post a smaller version. You'll need to copy the contents of the NGC directory under wars of napoleon into the same spot (so you'll see NGC-Copy) and rename it to ED. I'll post a release that only has my changes and you can download and unzip, replacing the base game files within the ED directory.

Fernando M.
Conscript

Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:05 pm

Thank you very much, really appreciate it.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:53 am

EDSmall.zip has been uploaded to same link as already posted in a couple of places in this thread.

Again
- Copy NGC directory (which contains GameData, Events, Settings, Etc.) into same location. Windows will create a NGC-Copy directory.
- Rename it to ED
- Download EDSmall.zip into Wars of Napoleon Folder (don't put it into ED folder)
- Unzip and it should replace existing files

totalize
Conscript

Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:28 am

I am playing the latest version with March 24 updates. Looks good so far. I sent requests for state visits to Russia and Austria on Turn 1 and by turn 3 got one response from Austria saying they gave no response. This while I begin moving the Grande Armee east away from the Bologne camps as Napoleon historically did.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:51 am

I tried this mod out last evening and played a little bit this morning - well done! The game is much more interesting it seems. Battles can be brutal and last longer. Have you made the AI better?? Good effort!

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:28 pm

Starting to work on AI. That ill be a work in progress. The only AI changes is getting the AI to build Infantry before it starts building out all it's Artillery.

Future changes will be to focus the AI on specific regions for regional conflicts and refocusing the AI when geo-political events start happening. For example, once France goes after Prussia, everyone should start getting scared of and focus efforts against France (even Spain and that almost happened).

Right now, the focus is on adjusting the economic system and making it less RGD reliant.

zooter
Captain

Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:40 pm

I see that Bavaria is still acting like an independent nation.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:51 pm

Have you done RHC? If so, you have complete control over it.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:21 am

vicberg wrote:Starting to work on AI. That ill be a work in progress. The only AI changes is getting the AI to build Infantry before it starts building out all it's Artillery.

Future changes will be to focus the AI on specific regions for regional conflicts and refocusing the AI when geo-political events start happening. For example, once France goes after Prussia, everyone should start getting scared of and focus efforts against France (even Spain and that almost happened).

Right now, the focus is on adjusting the economic system and making it less RGD reliant.

I really think the AI shouldn't build units using the units building system, but be given units via events (at a cost) depending on different factors such as number of elements in its forces, whether it just signed a peace treaty, enacted reforms, etc. The building system is just too complicated for all the different countries in this game and force building being a constant weakness for the AI in the immense majority of strategy games (such as here), giving the AI regular homogeneous and well built forces would help it tremendously.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:27 pm

I totally agree.

Here's the challenge. You have to, within a script, specify each and every type of unit being built including leaders. The unit building is simple. The leaders are a challenge. You have to 1) find one, 2) move him or kill him and recreate him. Plus leaders evolve over time, so the same leader may have multiple models and you need to create him with the correct model, so that means you need to track the date and know when the leader model changes, etc...

It means for each major power, you need to track each and every leader, and this doesn't include leader death. The scripting language isn't sophisticated enough to command it to look for leader Joe, woops Joe is dead, lets find Ralph.

And if that's not enough, there's two types of building for all major powers except France. One for pre-army reform (building for single stacks) and one for armies/corps.

There's a few hurdles.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:35 pm

vicberg wrote:I totally agree.

Here's the challenge. You have to, within a script, specify each and every type of unit being built including leaders. The unit building is simple. The leaders are a challenge. You have to 1) find one, 2) move him or kill him and recreate him. Plus leaders evolve over time, so the same leader may have multiple models and you need to create him with the correct model, so that means you need to track the date and know when the leader model changes, etc...

It means for each major power, you need to track each and every leader, and this doesn't include leader death. The scripting language isn't sophisticated enough to command it to look for leader Joe, woops Joe is dead, lets find Ralph.

And if that's not enough, there's two types of building for all major powers except France. One for pre-army reform (building for single stacks) and one for armies/corps.

There's a few hurdles.

It is complicated indeed, but really to make the game more enjoyable some of those "cheats" should exist for the AI.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:39 pm

It is a huge game, much complex, but great in what it does so far. The mod is great, I am using it and enjoying it. Just hate them pesky artillery and HQ units trying to invade Belgium. THAT is a turn off, and that is not directed at your mod either.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:57 pm

I notice you have the Battle Planner turned off in your settings with this mod. Any reason, or can I turn it back on again? Was quite a cool addition for the game.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:06 am

Because of PBEM. You can have it on if you want it.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:43 pm

Do you think the Battle Planner is just a cosmetic thing, or really selecting 'turning the flanks' with Napoleon in command has a true effect? Curious.

Return to “WON Mods”