Col Ret
Corporal

Added GHQ's in the West

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:32 pm

I realize there may be technical issues restricting the implementation of this change. However, if they can be overcome it would add a bit of historical accuracy if there were
a separate GHQ for the BEF (English only) and one for the French (GQG), with the Belgian units falling under one or the other of these major headquarters, not just one GHQ for the western Entente, since these two national entities coordinated so poorly even after Joffre became Supreme Commander. Perhaps the AEF under Pershing warrants another GHQ as well, just for US units.

czert2
Brigadier General

Re: Added GHQ's in the West

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:09 pm

great idea, and when we are at it, i think more GHQ for austria will be justified too, after all, one for wwhole easter front is....not ideal. after all you have to fight booth russian and serbian front, booth justified own GHQ imo.
and if it will be posible to bring minor allied commands under austrian GHQ will be good too (well, bulgarians have unit s called armys, but they are limited in CP just to corps which limits thier use).

Khanti
Captain

Mon May 14, 2018 12:45 pm

It's technically very easy to add another GHQs.
But you should be careful, because lots of them will clutter map icon layers.

Here is a picture with second AUS-HUN GHQ, so Central Powers have 5 of them (2 German, 2 Austrian, 1 Turkish):

File modified: 1-CEN.fac (your HDD->To End All Wars\EAW\GameData\Factions\here)

Line modified:
GHQInfos = GER|OHL|Army_Badge_GER.png|$Berlin|AUS|K.u.K. Armee|Army_Badge_AUS.png|$Wien|ITA|Armata Real|Army_Badge_ITA.png|$Roma|TUR|Ottoman Army|Army_Badge_TUR.png|$Constantinople|GER|Ober Ost|Army_Badge_GER.png|$Berlin|AUS|Sud-Ost-Front|Army_Badge_AUS.png|$Wien|

Text added: AUS|Sud-Ost-Front|Army_Badge_AUS.png|$Wien|

In fact there were 2 Aus-Hun GHQs. One for Russian front (with Generalstabschef Franz Conrad von Hötzendorf) and one for Serbian front (with Feldzeugmeister Potiorek) and later for Italians (Oberkommandierenden der Südwestfront Generaloberst Erzherzog Eugen).
Attachments
1-CEN.zip
(1.14 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
Meteoryt-like user. Strikes and disappears.

Col Ret
Corporal

Sat May 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Wow. After all this time. I've stopped looking to see if there were any replies to my many suggestions for EAW. Thanks to Khanti for this one from way back in May of last year! It might clutter up the map as you say, but it would be so much more historically accurate and I think easier to play.

1 UK
1 French
1 US
2 (or 3?) German
3 Austrian
3 (or 4?) Russian
1 Ottoman

Nikel

Sun May 12, 2019 7:07 pm

Just in case you missed it.

Altaris is back fixing some issues.