samba_liten
Sergeant

Elements, leaders, divisions

Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:56 am

Would it be possible to adjust the scale of the elements from brigade to regiment / battalion, and change the command system to include division forming?

For clarity, an example of what I'd like to see:
I build several regiments (depending on the nation, Britain would have to have battalions instead), infantry, artillery, cavalry, engineer, etc. I send in a leader and enable division command for him, allowing me to form the regiments into a division. Once i have formed a couple of these divisions, i send in a corps leader and form them into a corps.

The benefit of this type of system is that it would, to my mind, allow a more accurate simulation of the changing nature of divisions during the war.

PhilThib

Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:13 pm

Not possible (same story as map), first because the engine would not work well with it (the reason we use brigades as base is that it's already close to the saturation level of the engine in memory, making smaller and more numerous entries would just stall the game) and second because it's weeks and weeks of work and debug, for which no one can really give you assistance.

samba_liten
Sergeant

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:26 am

Thanks again for the reply!

Return to “EAW Mods”