Altaris

Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:54 am

I've done a terrible job at staying on schedule for the next release. I've been sidetracked a lot trying to perfect little items, as well as taking breaks when I get burned out with it. But there is progress being made. This weekend I finished working up a new event system, where events function similar to the way they did in WW1Gold, being drawn and played (or you can end up drawing an event for another side, and keeping it unplayed so they don't get it) rather than just being available at certain conditions. I really liked this system in WW1Gold, it made the game feel like a historically viable ahistorical variant of WW1. I was never able to figure out how to do a true random drawing when working on the original game, but now with some clever structure handling in an off-map region, I've gotten it to work. I've just got to finish converting the events over, probably another week-ish there.

Also have a few small bugs to work out. I hope it'll be done by March, but I'm not promising anything. Work has been nuts lately, so I never know from week to week how much time I'm going to have.

slowdeath
Civilian

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:48 am

The link to the current version of the UE is not working

Altaris

Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:23 am

Link live again

Aurelin
Colonel

Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:49 am

Altaris wrote:Link live again

Says download not available any more. :)

Don77
Corporal

Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:13 am

Still says download not available :(

Altaris

Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:40 am

Link live again, I've used a Google Drive account this time so it shouldn't expire anymore.

Aurelin
Colonel

Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:19 pm

Thanks!!!

astradeus1
Civilian

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:52 am

hello ,thank you for this mod.
unless I am mistaken, I noticed a problem of uniform assignment for France.
I think these are generic uniforms that are assigned by default .

[ATTACH]37915[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]37916[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]37917[/ATTACH]

uniform backgrounds

[ATTACH]37918[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]37920[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]37919[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Unit_FRA_Inf_Mtn.png
Unit_FRA_Inf_Mil.png
Unit_FRA_Cav_Lit.png
EAW_ULT 2016-03-13 10-05-51-34.jpg
EAW_ULT 2016-03-13 10-04-06-00.jpg
EAW_ULT 2016-03-13 10-03-44-08.jpg

PJL
Lieutenant

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:10 pm

Is this mod gong to be updated anytime soon?
Nico - Icon

'From without a thousand cycles
A thousand cycles to come
A thousand times to win
A thousand ways to run the world'
- Nico, 'Frozen Warnings'

pb783
Lieutenant
Location: Coming out of the attic-- I've finally beaten Athena

Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:08 am

Does anyone have the chops to have a peek at this issue?

[ATTACH]38115[/ATTACH]

The logs have the following text (among other issues):
9:16:13 PM (Reporting) TScriptEngine.TriggerEvent This event not found while triggering a specific script C:\Games\EAW_1_03 MOD\EAW\Events\WW1_TechEffects.sct evt_TechEffect_Gas0
9:16:13 PM [Critical ] TScriptEngine.Parse Exception caught: Indice de liste hors limites (-1) while parsing line 8 : AddDynGraphic
Attachments
EAW.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:20 am

Altaris, gentle reminder. Our PBEM games are on hold awaiting your next release ;)

Also, how do you modify # of days per turn. I'm contemplating something similar with my WON mod. Do you need access to source code for that? I'm not finding the setting for # of days per turn in GameLogic, GameRules, etc...where is it?

elxaime
General

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:52 am

PJL wrote:Is this mod gong to be updated anytime soon?

Also eagerly awaiting the next version. :)

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue May 24, 2016 2:02 am

I am late to this, but I'd like to thank you very much. I'll give this one a try!!!
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

Hyroda
Sergeant

Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:18 pm

hey guys,..
im not able to find the EAW_ULT.exe to launch this mod,.. i have extracted the rar file into the folder were my original TEAW game is located,..
i cant start this mod,... help is in need
regards

Weather
Civilian

Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:26 pm

Hyroda wrote:hey guys,..
im not able to find the EAW_ULT.exe to launch this mod,.. i have extracted the rar file into the folder were my original TEAW game is located,..
i cant start this mod,... help is in need
regards

Hey guy! So I found out that for whatever reason, the .exe is hiding as a .txt! Go look in the EAW_ULT folder and you'll find an EAW.txt, what I did was rename that "EAW_ULT.exe" and then brought it out of the EAW_ULT folder and into the main folder. It starts up the game, so I assume I did something right lol!

Weather
Civilian

Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:36 pm

Also, when I extracted the .rar, it never overwrote the Modpath.ini file. So could somebody please post what they have written in that file so that I may copy it?

StatboyVT
Sergeant

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:34 am

Weather wrote:Hey guy! So I found out that for whatever reason, the .exe is hiding as a .txt! Go look in the EAW_ULT folder and you'll find an EAW.txt, what I did was rename that "EAW_ULT.exe" and then brought it out of the EAW_ULT folder and into the main folder. It starts up the game, so I assume I did something right lol!

Changing the name didn't work for me, unfortunately. It's still a Text file. Also, the download didn't include the Modpath file for me either. Can anybody help? I'd love to give this mod a try.

Nikel

Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:02 pm

It is the extension of the file what you have to change to .exe. not the name.

http://www.wikihow.com/Change-a-File-Extension

shindigero
Conscript

Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Great mod, but I have a few issues. The first one has been noted before I think, when Austria pick's the Koenig Plan its southern army is stuck in a province with no roads and has to abandon its supply wagons to move. The second is that when I look at the list of messages there's no visible text which makes it quite hard to tell whats going on. It might not be this mod causing it but it does only appear to happen when I activate this mod. Any help on resolving that would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to the game and its not helping my understanding :) Finally for some reason the battle planner screen seems really laggy. By that I mean if I hover over any of the buttons it takes a few seconds for its tooltip to show up and I have to repeatedly click for it to register, not sure whats causing that one as the game runs smoothly otherwise.

shindigero
Conscript

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:08 pm

I've also run into another problem, none of my armies seem to be receiving ammunition. they've been sat at a depot on passive mode for several turns and they're still at 0% ammo capacity. Is there something that I need to do to get them to resupply?

EDIT: ok I'm pretty sure I understand ammo now, is it just used by artillery and restocked by sending your munitions train to a depot?

picaron

Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:54 pm

Crash¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

:wavey:
Attachments
Crac.rar
(340.61 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:03 am

Hey Altaris - up until the ultimate mod is polished could we have a simple 7 days turn SP compatible mod? Would be greatly appreciated for the SP camapigns ;-D

Wiggum
Lieutenant

Re: To End All Wars Mod - Ultimate Enhancement Mod

Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:53 am

Please make this Single Player compatible !

Altaris

Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Technically it is SP compatible, I just can't promise the effectiveness of the AI. The engine AI isn't very good at understanding allies and ally strength, just comparing its power to an enemy. This is why we went with only 3 factions in vanilla, it wouldn't make for a solid SP experience with 11 as we have in this mod.

The biggest thing you're going to see is France is very hesitant to attack Germany. This is b/c Germany outnumbers France, and France AI doesn't know how to coordinate effectively with British AI.

At the end of the day, though, this game is more fun in MP, you'll get a better challenge. If I ever actually get time free again, I'd be up for playing - but that'll be a few months at the very earliest :)

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:00 pm

Does the mod add generals? There are lots of leaders in the 1916 campaign that are missing from the base campaign. Would be wonderful to have them available for the full war.

Jinx
Captain

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:48 am

Hello!
Hopefully this game mod is still in the works. It looks really cool.

Unfortunately it doesnt work for me, even after changing the extension to EAW_ULT.exe I am struggling to launch the application. It didnt ask me to overwrite the modpath, so perhaps that is my issue.
Any advice would be welcome!

Miastowy
Civilian

Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:48 am

Hello all
At the beginning I would like to thank you for such a great game that is EAW, which includes for me the most interesting time to play, and the effort associated with working with UEM. I have a problem; I downloaded the MOD, copied the files to the EAW folder, and then the game starts asking me for a serial number that I never had. It is bought on Steam, I can not register it on the Matrix website because it does not have an assigned key, so I can not get the steam key. Is there a way for this mod to work on the STEAM version?

Greetings.

Miastowy
Civilian

Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:21 pm

Thanks for the response, everything works.

MarkusBergmann
Conscript

Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:15 am

Hello All,

maybe someone can help me.
I downloaded the mod and followed the instructions and placed it in the EAW folder, but it never asked me to overwrite the modpath.ini file.
The original modpath file is empty and after looking into the mod folder i did not find a modpath file in it either.
I did rename the .txt file and changed it to .exe file, but all it does is load the vanilla version of the game.
I'd love to play the mod and would really appreciate any help.
I'm almost thinking that the upload might be missing the modpath file and thats the whole issue here, so maybe someone can post the contents of the modpath file here so i can copy/paste it?
Loving the game, my favorite at the moment, but want to play it pbem with more the 3 other players.
Hopefully someone can help.
Thanks in advance

Return to “EAW Mods”