Philo32b
Captain

"Troops to Mantua" takes 80%+ of Imperial Forces

Wed May 10, 2017 2:07 am

In a PBEM game that had has been very enjoyable to this point, the "Troops to Mantua" event fired and very much overdid what I think it should in terms of troops sent to Mantua. It sent 4,000 power worth of troops, leaving around 15-20% of my forces behind. And there is no depot where they are at in Pavia, so the 58,000 men there are going to start starving very soon. And the Poland event will fire in six months taking more troops away to Poland. This is a bit much, as Ripster articulates well in this post:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4041270

In Miquel's response to Ripster at that thread he seemed to indicate that 80% is too much. I would agree. Is this working as designed or really too much? If it is too much, is there anything that can be done to save my game?

Game files can be downloaded from MediaFire here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/g1aow0 ... izl/shared

By the way, I have submitted an idea for a different way to handle the Mantua Event by giving the Imperial Player more strategic choices in the matter: viewtopic.php?f=384&t=51541&p=392855#p392855

Thanks!

Eric

Leibst

Re: "Troops to Mantua" takes 80%+ of Imperial Forces

Thu May 11, 2017 8:37 am

Its a huge impact indeed, and not desired.
This event sometimes is trully heavy, and its being difficult to tune it well.
Have you tried the simple way or reloading the previous turn, as this event has a random variable and during my test I saw small armies going there?

I recall that in my last game only went to Pavia a selected number of units to avoid this kind of issues.
Do you have last patch installed?

Random
AGEod Veteran

Thu May 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Am curious as to whether deleting some of the units included in the event might help a bit. Right now the HRE_TroopsToMantua event in the HRE_TheThirtyYearsWar_Events.sct file lists a powerful, balanced force of 16 units that will be removed due to the Mantua evert turn with no Max_Date limiter. This would seem to practically guarantee that the event will fire eventually (and sooner rather than later) and that if the HRE faction has already taken significant losses the event could destroy the side's ability to wage war.

A smaller force or more delimiters/conditions coupled with a maximum firing date might address some of the Mantua event issues noted by HRE Players.

-C

Philo32b
Captain

Sat May 13, 2017 2:15 am

Thank you for the suggestion to redo the turn and try our luck. I had two major armies and another smaller army as my extent force. The event took the two major armies (totalling 4,000 power) with all of the units in each of those armies (leaving me with the smaller army). Will it not break apart armies, then, and take some of the constituent parts? Or does it take an entire army from the three-star general down to every element in it?

I am using the latest patch: 1.02 RC

Thanks!

Return to “TYW Technical support / Aide technique”