Ripster8
Colonel

Some GC Issues

Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:46 pm

Some Game Notes for Senor Leibstandarte, from my AAR 'A Fatal Conflagration':

1. The city of Paris does not appear to be on the map. There is the name and an indicator that it is a level 8 city, but there is no city symbol, no fortress and no depot. Not sure what is going on here and what affect it has on the game.

2. In February 1636 there is an event that is displayed as 'event_PRO_swedish replacements2' but there is no apparent effect. A mislabeled and/or misfired event, perhaps? This event fires multiple times in succeeding years but with no description of exactly what it does.

3. After the fall of Kassel the Protestant do not have a capital. Does this affect the game in any way?

4. After the capture of Verden by the Protestants, the event 'event_PRO_verdenmilita' has fired five separate times. Don't think this is what you intended, but at least now the heretics have some instant garrison units to use for their new conquests!

5. I am receiving the message that the Protestants have achieved exit on Saxony but the area is still blocked and no Saxon units have become available.

6. OPTIONAL PSEUDO-RANT: Sea transport. I have no idea why anything having to do with the sea, navies, naval movement, naval replacements, etc., was included in TYW. It is completely pointless. The Catholics did not, do not and never will have a fleet, so there is nothing they can do to hinder the flow of units from Denmark and Sweden to Germany. And moving those reinforcements from Copenhagen and Stockholm to Germany is tedious and often damaging to the naval units themselves. Each replacement point for a naval unit costs 10 gold and 4 WS, so I will never spend scarce resources on them. Danish/Swedish reinforecments should appear either at Lubeck or Kiel automatically. Keep it simple, my friend!

Thank you for your time!
"The Hanged Man is a representative of humanity who is found between two kingdoms - that of this world and that of heaven."

Leibst

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:46 am

Hi Riptster
Very useful your detailed report, i will take care of that issues for a future patch. Will be very helpful a saved game to see that Protestant's capital issue.
Regarding the 5 its just to inform that your influence in Saxony has grow. I prefer to keep things for sea as they are.
Number two should not appear in the log in that way, but it should add you some Swedish replacements.

thanks!
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Leibst

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:47 am

Hi Riptster
Very useful your detailed report, i will take care of that issues for a future patch. Will be very helpful a saved game to see that Protestant's capital issue.
Regarding the 5 its just to inform that your influence in Saxony has grow. I prefer to keep things for sea as they are.
Number two should not appear in the log in that way, but it should add you some Swedish replacements.

thanks!
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

BuckTurgidson
Private

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:39 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:Hi Riptster

thanks!

Future patch!

Ripster8
Colonel

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:17 pm

Leibstandarte,
Here is my GC .hst file. The Protestant side shows Paris as the phantom city. And you are killing me on the sea transport, amigo! But thanks for continuing to work on TYW!

[ATTACH]39548[/ATTACH]
Attachments
TYW_ThirtyYearsWar.7z
(77.1 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
"The Hanged Man is a representative of humanity who is found between two kingdoms - that of this world and that of heaven."

Garuda
Private

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:32 am

I too was missing the city of Paris when I played the GC as the catholic side.

I could order a force to enter the city but there was no graphic for it.

Return to “TYW Technical support / Aide technique”