bkosar19
Sergeant

Repeatable CTD in the recruitment menu with 1.01.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:09 pm

I was playing as the Imperials in the Grand Campaign with the latest patch 1.01. In the recruitment menu, the game will crash when I click-on a unit's emblem to review its details. A "Critical Error" screen will pop-up and then game will CTD. It's a repeatable bug.

This bug (the game CTDing when one tries to review a unit's details in the recruitment menu) has occurred in a number Ageod games. (Ex: RUS Gold had until it was patched.) So, it appears to be something common to the engine, but as shown by RUS Gold it is something than can be fixed.

Durk

Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:57 am

Are your using the run as Admin function. This sounds to me like the issue.
If you right click as you are ready to run the game and select run as admin, this should fix your issue.

Leibst

Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:34 am

Its an already knonw patch, but only happens in some computers or OS, im not sure, until now i cant reproduce it. But is a good new that RUS could fixed it.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

bkosar19
Sergeant

Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:36 pm

I tried Run as Admin, but that didn't work. Game still crashed when I clicked on the unit emblem in the Recruitment menu.

I thought that was a longshot solution anyway. This is an engine problem that I've run into with more than one Ageod game. It's been fixed in other games, but it appears that I'm going to have to live with it for awhile with TYW. Fortunately, it's not a killer bug because it is easily avoidable. I just can't review the stats of any unit prior to recruitment.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:12 pm

I've just tried running the Steam and non-Steam versions, and was able to reproduce the crash both times.

Not the end of the world, but this seems like it is something to bring to Pocus' attention when he gets back from vacation in August.

(I have both versions installed because one uses the 17th century music mod and one doesn't. I prefer 17th century music, but the music that came with the game -- as well as the music that came with Espana 1936 -- is unusually good).

Lusitanian
Conscript

Re: Repeatable CTD in the recruitment menu with 1.01.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:08 am

For what it's worth, I've been having this same problem with TYW since the beginning. In fact, I just bought a new laptop and I'm still having the same issue. That's 2 computers now reproducing the same CTD when clicking on a unit in the recruitment screen.

Any fix to this? I know this thread is pretty old.

Leibst

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:57 am

It's pretty old but we are interested on fixing it.
Do you have any log regarding this issue? to give some tips to the support team.

Khanti
Captain

Fri May 19, 2017 9:53 pm

(...)
outdated
Meteoryt-like user. Strikes and disappears.

Return to “TYW Technical support / Aide technique”