Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Installation problem

Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:25 pm

I happened to take a close look inside my Matrix games folder today and discovered to my horror that TYW is badly installed.

The Matrix game folder in my computer holds several different games, each in their own discreet folder.

Except for TYW.

Most of its contents are scattered across the Matrix folder. When you look inside the Matrix folder besides a couple of game folders what you see are a lot of the loose files that you would normally see inside of a game folder. These loose files are the operating files that TYW needs to run.

I'm pretty sure that what must have happened is that I was not fully awake when I installed TYW.

To my mind I should clearly uninstall the game and reinstall it a bit more carefully. In its current difused state I doubt that I could patch it. What's ironic about all of this is that the game runs fine.

Fortunately I still have the setup program, and I can get the serial number from any number of places.

What I'm worried about is how exactly to go about uninstalling it.

I have a couple of programs that could probably get it out of my system registry, after which it would just be a question of manually deleting files and folders. Or at least I hope so.

I don't want to do anything that will delete the folder that it's in, because I have several games in the Matrix folder and don't want to disrupt them.

Am I correct that this problem is unique to me, and do you have any suggestions about how I should proceed? I intend to approach this with kid gloves.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:05 pm

I figured out what the problem was. If you follow the prompts in the installer the game installs correctly, though in my case it had installed inside a Matrix folder in Program Files (x86). I had had some trouble with the configuration file and had re-installed it to C;\Matrix. That's when the scattering of files and folders happened. I've managed to get the whole thing back into C:\Program Files (x86) and things seem to be ok for the moment. I would have preferred to put it into c:\Matrix, but what happened when I put it there was far too messy.

Leibst

Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:43 pm

You can always copy a complete installation where you want and it should work.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Return to “TYW Technical support / Aide technique”