Random
AGEod Veteran

Extending Scenarios

Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:56 pm

It is my understanding that once a scenario is completed, you may continue to play but there will be no more game events or victory point changes and so continuing to play is generally a complete waste of effort.

I would like to play the campaign through from either the start of the Danish Phase or the Swedish Phase but both of these scenarios are limited. What mods/file edits would need to be applied to the existing scenarios to allow them to be played through to the end of the war as a campaign? In other words is it possible/practical to convert the short scenarios into full campaigns beginning in 1624 and 1630 respectively?

I suspect that locating the relevant campaign events and copy/pasting them into the scenario events would be part of the process but Ideally I would like to preserve the stock scenarios while adding two new campaigns. I have no idea how to proceed.

For what it's worth I have modded other games (WW1G for example) but find the files used in the AGE Engine 2.0 incomprehensibly byzantine and even after years of enjoying them I have zero ideas of how the games actually read their files.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-C

Durk

Re: Extending Scenarios

Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:53 pm

It has been awhile since I have play this title. I do remember being able to play beyond the games end. What happens when you get to the end of the scenario.
If I remember correctly, you will not need to mod, just dismiss the game end tally and make you move and continue on.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Re: Extending Scenarios

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:59 am

The game can continue but there will be no more events and so no incentive to carry on to the end. Thanks anyway.

-C

Return to “Thirty Years War”