john19
Civilian

i won bohemian revolt

Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:12 pm

newbie to both wargaming, and ageod, thirty years war is my first game, after playing tutorials and then several attempts at the paladins scenario, both as catholic and protestant, and managing only mvbvp victories, i went into the bohemian revolt scenario as catholics

i won it in 21 turns, i managed to take prague, which sealed the win, having surrendered to the enemy at pilsener

how have others fared recently with this scenario?

Random
AGEod Veteran

Re: i won bohemian revolt

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:07 pm

Congratulations! I don't think that I have ever played this scenario but am deep into the full campaign as the Protestants and not doing particularly well.

-C

Durk

Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:16 am

This is a tough scenario to play as both sides are a challenge, nice going.

john19
Civilian

Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:12 am

thanks, yes i am on "sargeant" ai level, so i guess that might mean im getting a bit of an easy ride from the game engine, but it was a good feeling in any case, i have decided to work through the danish and swedish scenarios first, before tackling the full war, my aim being to try to win as each side, so presently i am on the danish scenario as catholic, but this first attempt has been a struggle, will need a second go at it taking in what ive learned

Leibst

Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:17 pm

Its an honor for HQ that TYW was your first Ageod choice. Is not an easy game to start with.

john19
Civilian

Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:25 pm

Leibst wrote:Its an honor for HQ that TYW was your first Ageod choice. Is not an easy game to start with.

thanks, and yes, i was busy for a while and received a discount gift via email to get me started, i chose thirty years war simply because i didnt know anything about it, ive learned so much about this conflict, i like this game, despite it's challenges with learning both the ageod system and the specific emphases of this conflict

Leibst

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:27 pm

Our new projects are not so complicated as old Ageod system (wich I love much :coeurs: ) check them in our web.
http://www.hqwargames.com

Return to “Thirty Years War”