jack54
Brigadier General

Does an empty supply wagon help collect supply ?

Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:37 pm

HI again,

Does an empty supply wagon still help collect supply from surrounding regions?

Example: If I have a force with 2 empty supply wagons is it better to shuffle them back and forth for supplies separately? Leaving 1 empty unit with the force. Up until now I have been sending them back and forth together.

arsan

Re: Does an empty supply wagon help collect supply ?

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:38 pm

For what i know, a wagon is needed for a force to collect supplies from surrounding regions. I don't think it matters if it has supply in it or not.
So if there are some available supply around I will try to keep a wagon on a force at all times.

Of course on a low supply situation, a wagon may also have some drawbacks, as wagons also consume supply each turn, and may slow down a force which may get to a better supplied area sooner if it has no slow units on it like wagons or arty.

Regards!

jack54
Brigadier General

Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:25 am

Thank you arsan...

Durk

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:05 am

There is a bit of calculating you can do to decide if to keep the supply unit or run it back to another source to refill.

A wagon with a force can draw supply from that area and any adjacent area.
Determine the supply demand of your force - the number of elements.
If the force is equal to or less than the amount of supply one wagon can gather from the region and adjacent, it is fine to use a depleted wagon.
If the force is greater than the amount of supply one wagon can gather, then you need to shuttle the wagon to a different place to replenish as if you simple remain, you will eventually run out of supply.

Remember a full wagon carries 80 supply points.

So in your example jack54, I would probably run one wagon back to refill and keep the other to gather what supplies it can.

jack54
Brigadier General

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:17 am

Thanks for the help :hat:

but winter showed up and ruined everything anyway . Limped back home with a about 10% strength. I never thought to drop the wagons in order to move faster. Lesson learned the hard way lol

Durk

Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:14 am

That is the Thirty Years War. The designer really got the super cold winters of that time right. Viewed from today they would probably be complaining about Global Cooling.

Return to “Thirty Years War”