H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Hi all. Question about PBEM

Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:04 am

I typically do not play PBEM but recently had someone ask to play a PBEM game. So, I read the manual about PBEM.

It says two TRN files should be created, but I'm not seeing those files. Is the game producing them, I just have not found where they are, yet? I have been looking in the save folders.
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

Durk

Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:14 am

Good for you. PBEM is so nice and a lot of fun.

There are two different protocols as to where to find files to send. In TYW, look in the save folder. You say you are not finding them there. So do this, go to the icon to open the game. Click on your mouse to see the open folder option. Then open and you will see the saves folder. Open this.

Now as to when trn files are created, this might be your issue. These should appear once you execute a turn. Are you at that stage or are you earlier?

ZygfrydDeLowe
Conscript

Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:38 pm

H Gilmer3 wrote:I typically do not play PBEM but recently had someone ask to play a PBEM game. So, I read the manual about PBEM.

It says two TRN files should be created, but I'm not seeing those files. Is the game producing them, I just have not found where they are, yet? I have been looking in the save folders.

The PBEM part in the manual is outdated. For TYW (and WON, I believe) you just send .hst file, and the opponent sends his .ord file.
Not .trn files are created.

ZygfrydDeLowe
Conscript

Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:21 pm

H Gilmer3 wrote:I typically do not play PBEM but recently had someone ask to play a PBEM game. So, I read the manual about PBEM.

The PBEM part in the manual is outdated. For TYW (and WON, I believe) you just send .hst file, and the opponent sends his .ord file.
Not .trn files are created.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:37 pm

Thanks!
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

Durk

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:21 am

ZygfrydDeLowe - Thank you so much for clarifying my memory lapse as to the new game system. The change is nice, but still not embedded in my memory.

Return to “Thirty Years War”